Chapter 4

Aemma talks to Daemon after finding out what Viserys did. Baelon, Viserys and Daemon speak to the two time travelers. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Aemma knocked on the doors and waited just a few seconds before the doors opened and Daemon's surprised face appeared. She could tell he had not been expecting her, his eyes were a little guarded as he stepped aside and allowed her to enter his chambers. She waited until the doors closed before looking at him.
"I am sorry to bother you." He did not say anything, just stared at her. "I just wanted to make sure everything is well with you."
"You mean after my brother accused me of molesting my niece?" Aemma flinched and his eyes softened. "I am sorry, I did not mean to snap at you."
"I understand why you are angry Daemon." Her husband had crossed a line when he said those horrible things to his brother. "He should have never said that to you. I know it is not true. You love Rhaenyra and always try your hardest to make her happy, I know you would never hurt her."
"Your husband does not seem to think the same." Her brother-by-law looked tired and a bit annoyed. "He said I was not allowed to spend time with Rhaenyra unless you or he were present."
"Of course, you can spend time with your niece." Aemma shook her head. "Even when I am not present, I trust you to protect her."
Both she and Baelon had attempted to speak to Viserys, but he did not seem to want to understand what they were saying to him. He was very upset and made it clear that he did not want his daughter to wed his brother. Baelon had been very upset with Viserys's attitude, but her husband would not listen to anyone. They had returned to the Red Keep early in the morning, and Baelon had accompanied Damon and Nyra to their chambers, which they were all surprised to realize were already set up for them. Nyra even had gowns that had been made for her. Aemma had to admit the gods were very thorough and people truly believed Nyra was Jaehaerys's youngest daughter. She was treated with all the respect due to a princess of the blood, while Damon was treated like a prince. It was a bit strange to see people treating them like they were a fixture in the palace while Aemma had no memory of ever seeing them before yesterday.
There was a knock on the door and Aemma smiled at Daemon.
"I brought you a surprise." She looked toward the doors before calling out. "Enter."
The doors opened and Rhaenyra ran in with something in her hands. Her smile grew even larger as she looked at Dameon and Aemma did not miss the way her brother-by-law's eyes softened immediately.
"Uncle." Rhaenyra giggled when Daemon picked her up and kissed her chubby cheeks. She wrapped an arm around his neck, patting his back with her small hands. "Mama said you were sad because papa was mean to you." Rhaenyra's look was determined as she stared at Daemon. "Do not be sad, I yelled at papa."
"You did?" Daemon asked amusement all over his face.
"She did." Aemma laughed, kissing the top of her daughter's head. "There was a lot of yelling and finger-wagging and she even attempted to punish him by sending him to his chambers without supper."
"You did?" Daemon laughed.
"Yes." Rhaenyra's face was surly as she stared at her uncle. "But mama said I cannot punish him." She placed a hand next to her mouth as she attempted to whisper, not realizing that her whispering was still very loud. "Do not worry, I stole his cake."
Daemon and Aemma could not help but laugh as the small girl showed her treasure to her uncle. A single honey cake that had been carefully wrapped.
"And what are we going to do with the cake?" Daemon whispered loudly.
"We are going to eat it." Rhaenyra's satisfied look made Aemma chuckle.
"But there is only one cake in there," Daemon said with a mock frown. "You do not like sharing your cake."
"I like sharing it with you, uncle." While it was true that Rhaenyra refused to share her cakes with anyone, apparently, Daemon was the exception. "You are my favorite person."
Daemon's smile was so large that every trace of sadness or anger he had been feeling because of his brother disappeared. He kissed the little girl's head before taking the piece of cake she was offering.
"I will go and leave you both alone." Aemma smiled at both of them. "Just bring her over a bit before supper."
"Thank you, Aemma," Daemon said with a smile.
She was aware he was not thanking her for just bringing Rhaenyra, but for trusting him with her daughter. She would have to speak to her husband.