Chapter 43

Rhaenyra spends some time with some of her siblings and discovers something about Alysanne. Daemon and Rhaenyra celebrate their betrothal. Daemon is upset when he sees Rhaenyra talking to someone. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 week later.

"I want braids." Alyssane ran into Rhaenyra's chambers waving a hair comb around. Her red gown was properly secured, but her silver hair was all over the place. She stopped in front of Rhaenyra who gave her an amused smile. "My nursemaid does not know how to do them the way I like them. You said you would braid my hair anytime I wanted."

"Of course." Rhaenyra took the hair comb from her little sister's hand before picking her up and setting the little girl on her lap. "What kind of braids do you want?"

"I want them like yours." Alysanne swung her feet. "I want to show them to Ser Harwin."

"Ser Harwin?" Rhaenyra frowned. "Why do you need to show them to Ser Harwin?"

"He complimented your braids yesterday." Alysanne twisted her hands on her lap. "I want him to like mine also."

"I did not know you were so interested in Ser Harwin's opinions." Rhaenyra smiled, amused at her small sister's interest in the large knight. "Is that why you are wearing one of your best gowns?"

"Yes, I want him to think me pretty."

"You are beautiful." Rhaenyra kissed the top of Alysanne's head as she continued to braid her hair. "Everyone that sees you cannot help but think that."

"Yes, but Ser Harwin has never told me that."

It amused Rhaenyra that her little sister was interested in Harwin and it worried her that she had never noticed. She was aware there were several lords who had already spoken to her father about betrothing Alysanne to their sons, but her father had refused all of them. He refused to betroth his daughter until she was older. She could not wait to see what her father's reaction would be once he found out his daughter was interested in a man much older than she was.

Rhaenyra was almost finished with Alysanne's braids when the doors to her chambers opened and Aelyx and Maekar walked in. Both boys frowned when they saw what she was doing. They looked at each other before looking back at her.

"You promised you would go dragon riding with us today," Aelyx said with an annoyed look on his face. "Father said we could not go dragon riding on our own and our mother is busy with the babes."

"I know I promised and as you can see I am ready." Her brothers were always impatient, but she could not blame them for it since she was not a very patient person. "Alysanne came into my chambers and wanted me to braid her hair."

"And this could not wait?" Maekar asked in annoyance. "We have been waiting for hours."

"You have not been waiting for hours," Alysanne said as she stared at both boys. "We broke our fast not long ago."

"Yes, but after that, we waited for Rhaenyra and she was supposed to meet us in the courtyard." Aelyx glared at Alysanne. "Now because of you, we have lost valuable time."

"Well, she is my sister also." Alysanne snapped. "I have as much right to spend time with her as you both do."

"Stop fighting." Rhaenyra narrowed her eyes at both boys as she finished the last braid and kissed the back of Alysanne's head. "There you go my love, your hair looks very pretty."

Alysanne jumped off her lap and ran towards Rhaenyra's mirror, looking at herself for a moment before running back to her and wrapping her arms around her waist.