Chapter 5

Rhaenyra finally meets her younger self face to face. The second chapter is pretty much smut, it was not supposed to be but it got a bit out of hand. 😳 I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Being at the Red Keep while Jaehaerys was king was a very strange feeling. She had forgotten what her great grandsire had looked like and now she was supposed to act like his daughter. Seeing her mother and grandsire again had been something she had not expected either, but it brought her the greatest of joys. Her grandsire was so healthy and handsome, he looked a lot like Daemon. Her mother was so young and healthy, nothing like the pale and sickly woman she had been the last few years of her life. It was good to see her this way, to see she was not the weak woman Otto Hightower had made everyone believe. Rhaenyra had heard Alicent speaking once, a few years after Aemma's death, saying how the previous queen possessed none of the talked about Targaryen beauty. Rhaenyra knew Alicent had been jealous because her mother was beautiful and her stepmother could never compare.

She was here now, which meant that she had a chance to save her mother, to stop Aemma from being cut open once more. But how could she tell her mother the cruel fate that awaited her, being cut open on the orders of the one person who was supposed to protect her? There was also the chance that her mother would not believe her. There were so many things that could go wrong if she said the wrong thing or if the wrong person overheard her.

"Does your head hurt?" She turned so quickly that she almost lost her balance and her eyes widened at the small girl standing there. She could now understand how Daemon felt, it was very strange to see the younger version of oneself. The little girl could not be older than three and was looking at her with curiosity. "My papa looks like that when his head hurts sometimes."

"I apologize, princess." The maid bowed quickly. "The little princess wanted to take a walk and I did not realize you would be here."

"It is fine." Nyra smiled at the small girl before looking at the maid. "You may leave her here, I will take the princess to her chambers."

The maid nodded before leaving the gardens, the small girl gave her a confused look.

"Why did she call you princess?"

"Because I am a princess." Nyra kneeled not wanting to hover over the child. "Just like you are."

"Why have I never seen you before?" She stopped herself from smiling, she did not remember being so noisy as a child.

"I have just come to stay here with my husband." The little girl still looked curious. "I was at the hunt."

"Yes!" Rhaenyra's face grew excited. "You have the pretty golden dragon."

"Yes." Nyra gave Rhaenyra a small smile. "She is mine."

"I have a gold dragon also, her name is Syrax." Rhaneyra moved closer. "But she is still small. My uncle says when she gets bigger I will be able to ride her and fly across the narrow sea."

"That sounds like an exciting adventure." She had always dreamed about adventures and flying on her dragon, apparently, this Rhaenyra was not any different.

"It is." Rhaenyra nodded and then frowned. "What is your name?"

"I am Rh..." She stopped herself, looking at the little girl for a moment, she would be confused if Nyra told her full name and would have a hundred more questions. "My name is Nyra."

"That sounds a bit like my name."

"Yes, it does."

"Why are you here alone?" The little girl asked. "Where are your papa and mama? I am not allowed to go anywhere by myself."