Chapter 16

Short Chapter. Daemon tells Rhaenyra about Baelon's interest for Aemma. Viserys decided is a good idea to confront his father. There will be not violence in this chapter. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

"Well, things are definitely changing." Nyra gave her husband a questioning look. "Viserys asked the king for an annulment and he accepted."

"What?" She could not believe it, her father who spent years professing his love for his first queen had requested his marriage be annulled. "How can that be?"

"Well, since you told Aemma about what would happen in the future after all the times my brother forced her to get with child, she has not been as willing to be in his bed as before." Damon shrugged. "That meant Viserys could not make heirs, which is the excuse he used to request his annulment."

Rhaenyra was not sad because her parents had decided to live separate lives, but she knew that this would not be good for Aemma. Laws were not favorable for women and if Viserys divorced her mother that meant that Aemma would be sent back to the Eyrie so her family could find her another match. It also meant that Rhaenyra would be taken away from her, especially since Viserys had no other children at this time. While she wanted her mother to live, she was not sure this was the best solution. This way, Rhaenyra would also grow up without a mother.

"This cannot be happening." She pushed a curl behind her ear. "What will happen to Rhaenyra if Aemma is taken away? She will grow up under the Hightower's care, I do not believe that is what the Gods wished for."

"Not necessarily, there is a way for Aemma to stay in Kings Landing with Rhaenyra." Nyra frowned, not sure what her husband was getting at. "She will have to wed a Targaryen prince."

"Well, the only Targaryen prince available is a younger version of you." She glared at Damon making him chuckle. "And I can assure you I would not be happy to share the man I love with anyone, even my mother."

"I was not talking about myself."

It took her a minute to realize what he was saying and her eyes widened.

"Grandsire? Have you lost your mind?" Maybe going to the past was affecting her husband's mind. "You know perfectly well grandsire would never do something like that, he would not steal his son's wife and he would never wed anyone. Grandsire always loved grandmother and he did not wish to wed anyone else."

"That might have been true at one point in time, but is not true any longer." Damon's smile made her nervous. "My father is interested in your mother."

"What?" Her eyes widened. "That cannot be."

"But it is, I did not realize it until a few days ago when he started talking about Aemma."

"What did he say?"

"It was not just what he said, but it was the way he said it." This could not be happening. "The way he looked while speaking about your mother was very familiar and that is when I started watching him and observing his interactions with Aemma."

"I have not seen them act any different than before."

"That is because you have not been looking for it." Damon moved closer to her and took one of her curls between his fingers. "His voice changes when he talks about her, his eyes light up. He is very protective of her and finds any occasion to be near her, to touch her."

"He loves her, that is not so strange, she is his niece." She glared when Damon smirked. "I did not mean it in the way you and I are. Their love is different than ours, is a familiar one."