Chapter 42

Is time for Rhaenyra's coronation and she has a little surprise. Daemon returns to Kings Landing after the war. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

In another world. 2 months later.

Rhaenyra smiled down at her son as she bent over his crib and picked him up. Baelon had grown in the last two moons, he was a very lusty babe who was always hungry. He was happiest when he was in hers or Daemon's arms and her husband enjoyed spoiling him. She barely had time to take a breath since arriving in Kings Landings two moons prior. As soon as her ship had docked she and Rhaenys made their way to the Red Keep, to find that her husband had executed more than ten people. Every single member of the small council, except for two had been beheaded and their heads had been placed outside the gates to serve as a warning to others. She also heard about Larys and Alicent's execution by dragon fire. A few members of the Kingsguard had also been executed and her husband made no apologies for it. He had been clear when he said he would do whatever it took to protect her and their son and she would not be upset about that.

The day after she arrived in Kings Landings ravens had been sent out to every noble house in Westeros. It contained a letter announcing Viserys's death and another letter ordering every lord of every noble house to present themselves in Kings Landing in two moons' time for her coronation and for them to swear fealty. Then the preparations for her coronation had started immediately and Daemon had made sure they were surrounded with knights he trusted and he had overseen the hiring of new nursemaids for Baelon.

Today was the grand day, she would be crowned queen and Daemon will officially become her king consort. She kissed Baelon's small head as she held him against her chest, enjoying his weight and sweet smell. She had been so afraid of giving birth, but now she could not wait to have another child.

"I have a surprise for our son." Daemon walked into the nursery, a large smile overtook his entire face. "I think he will like it."

"He is only two moons old," Rhaenyra said as her husband gave her a quick kiss. "The things he is more interested in are my breasts and his own fist."

"Well, you cannot blame him." His eyes became hot, making her shiver. "You have gorgeous breasts."

"What is the gift?" She asked before things could get out of hand. The coronation ceremony was in less than an hour and they did not have time to indulge in their lust.

"Here." Daemon pulled a red dragon egg from his back, it had gold swirls that intertwined. Rhaenyra's eyes widened. "Syrax had a clutch. There are two more and I had the dragon keepers place them in the braziers to keep them warm."

"That is incredible." She smiled when Baelon extended his small arms, almost like he was reaching for the egg. "I think he likes it."

"Of course he likes it." Daemon kissed their son and placed the dragon egg closer to Baelon, allowing the babe to touch it. "He will be a mighty dragon rider one day."

They spent a few more minutes with Baelon before Rhaenyra left him under the care of his nursemaid and guard as they headed to the throne room. Everyone was already inside and she could hear their voices, which made her a bit nervous. She felt Daemon's hand squeeze hers and she turned to look at him. Her husband gave her a reassuring smile, before kissing her lips. A few seconds later the steward announced them and the doors to the throne room opened. Rhaenyra held on to Daemon as she made her way to the throne and sat down. Daemon stood beside her as the Valyrian priest approached her. She would be blessed by the seven, but the priest would be the one to crown her, just like her grandsire had done in the other world.