Chapter 10

Daemon and Rhaenyra talk about things that happened in the past, things they might be able to change. Aemma and Baelon talk about what Viserys has been doing. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

I finally was able to create an image of Baelon and Aemma I was happy with. I hope you guys like them.

3 days later.

Rhaenyra sat on the sand as she watched Syrax dive into the water, her dragon was attempting to catch fish. Caraxes lay a few feet away, his long neck stretched out as he watched her dragon play in the water. Daemon sat beside her, smiling as he also watched Syrax play. He had been worried for the past few days and she was starting to get worried also.

"Are you ready to speak about what has been bothering you?" Rhaenyra looked at her husband and gave him a small smile. "You have been tossing and turning during the night and you are looking worried."

"There are many things to worry about." She smiled when he repeated her words back to her. "The relationship between Viserys and Otto worries me. I did not see it before because I was worried about other things at the time. I was so young and I did not care about Viserys's friends, but now I can see it clearly. Viserys started to change when Otto arrived in Kings Landing. This is when everything started to change, I know Otto is planning something, I can see it in his eyes."

"Planning something?" Rhaenyra frowned, the man was always planning, but she was not sure what he could be planning for. "What do you think he is planning?"

"I love that you do not question it when I say he is planning something." He cupped her face and kissed her lips.

"There is nothing for me to question." Rhaenyra smiled at him. "You have great instincts Daemon and if you say he is planning something then I believe you."

"I am not sure what he is planning, but I believe it has something to do with my father."

"With your father?" Rhaenyra's look was questioning. "What do you mean? Grandsire does not like Otto, he barely looks at him."

"Exactly." Rhaenyra was still a bit confused. She had been so small when her grandsire had passed away that there were several things she did not remember. "I always found his death to be a bit suspicious. It was also very convenient for Otto. My father was named Prince of Dragonstone and the hand of the king and five days later he was dead. Once my father died there were not too many people who could take his place. Then my grandsire named Otto as the hand of the king, but my grandsire was very ill and Otto ran things. He had sole power and he knew that if Rhaenys took over she would get rid of him. His only alternative was for Viserys to become king, Viserys was already his friend and trusted that cunt."

"You believe that Otto did something to cause Baelon's death so he could be the one in power?"

"Yes." Rhaenyra should have found it shocking, but she would not put anything past that man. "It was strange the way my father just died. He was always a very healthy man and he was in his prime, the way he got sick was very strange and it made no sense."

"Is there a way to find out what happened?" Rhaenyra could not believe her grandsire might have been murdered. She always believed that her grandsire had passed naturally, and to believe that Otto might have something to do with it filled her with anger. "Maybe there is a poison that we do not know about."

"It could be." Daemon did not seem convinced. "There has to be a way that we can find out what he is planning."

"There is a way." Rhaenyra looked at her Syrax before looking back at her husband. "Who does Otto trust more in the world? Who does he share his plans with?"