Chapter 45

Baelon finds out about Alysanne's feelings for Harwin and Aemma tries to distract him 😳. Baelon and Alysanne talk. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

2 weeks later.

Something was bothering her husband, he had been distracted for a few days. Aemma knew it had nothing to do with the kingdom because thank the gods there had not been any issues since the war at the Stepstones. The wedding for Daemon and Rhaenyra was all ready and the lords and ladies had started to arrive for the celebrations which would be taking place in a sennight.

Baelon had returned from his meeting with some of the small council members, they were making sure everything was ready for the wedding. Since he had come into their chambers, he had taken a bath and then sat down on the settee and had barely spoken a word since. Aemma could not help but look at him, enjoying the fact that he was not wearing a tunic. His muscular torso was bared to her. While her husband was over fifty, he looked better than most men half his age. He had never stopped training, even after becoming king, which meant that his body was still hard and muscular. Lust coursed through her body as she looked at him, but she had other things to worry about now, like finding out what was bothering him.

"My love." She approached him and enjoyed the smile he gave her. "What is the matter?"

"I am worried about Alysanne." Aemma frowned as she sat beside him. "She has been distracted lately, her lessons are not going too well and her guards say she keeps disappearing."

"Oh," Rhaenyra had told her about Alysanne and Aemma was happy that this was the issue and not something more serious. "There is nothing wrong with our daughter." Aemma smiled at Baelon. "She believes herself to be in love and wants to spend time with him."

"In love?" Baelon frowned, not looking too pleased at the news. "In love with whom? She is too young to be in love."

"It is just a childhood fancy." Aemma let out a laugh. "She believes herself in love with Harwin Strong."

"WHAT?" Aemma flinched as her husband yelled and stood up, not because she was afraid of him, she knew he would never hurt her, but because she realized she might have gotten the poor knight in trouble. "Harwin Strong is a grown man, he is even older than Rhaenyra and Alysanne is a child."

"Calm down, Baelon." Aemma stood up and attempted to defuse the situation. "He does not return her feelings, he sees her as a child. It is not his fault that she put her eyes on him, he has done nothing but be cordial and pleasant to her."

"I do not care." Her husband glared. "I will speak to him and make sure he knows that I will kill him if puts a hand on her."

"No, wait." Aemma ran around Baelon and placed herself between him and the door. "You need to calm down and get some sleep before you end up attacking the poor man for something that is not his doing."

"I do not care." Baelon took a few steps forward and Aemma grabbed his forearm. She knew she would not shake off her touch so as to not hurt her. "Aemma, I just want to speak with him."

"Stay here." She ran her hands over his naked chest, giving him a small smile. He let out a sigh as she raised herself on the tip of her toes and kissed his lips. "Stay with me."

She kissed his lips again, smiling against his mouth when she felt his cock harden. His hand cupped her waist as he pressed their bodies closer together. He took over the kiss, his lips devouring hers.

"You are a minx pretty girl." He walked her backward, his hands going to the front of her nightgown and working on the ties. In a few seconds, the nightgown was at her feet. "You are so beautiful."