Chapter 6

Viserys almost fucks up and Rhaenyra has to stop him. Aemma and Rhaenyra talk. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

"My prince," Viserys smiled at Otto and nodded his head. "It is a pleasure to see you once more."

"Ser Otto, I am pleased to see you also."

Otto Hightower was the second son of a minor house, but Viserys found him to be smart with a good head on his shoulders. He had arrived at court with his wife and children not too long after his grandmother had passed away. He had been a good friend to Viserys and gave good and sound advice. The prince enjoyed speaking with Otto and telling him about his problems.

"I have not seen you much." Otto sat beside him. "I have been told you have been spending much time with your brother, Princess Nyra, and her husband Damon."

"Yes, there were things that needed to be discussed."

"I was always under the impression that you did not care much for Prince Damon." Viserys frowned, since he did not have the same memories as Otto did, it meant that he could not answer truly. "I understand that Prince Damon was made a prince when he wed your aunt, but at the end of the day, he is still a bastard. What if he attempts to take the throne from you."

"From me?" Viserys frowned. "The throne is not mine."

"Not yet, my prince, but it will be one day." Otto gave him an amused smile. "Even if no one says it, everyone knows that after Prince Aemon's death, your father is next in life to the throne. He will be the next king and you will rule after him as his eldest son."

"Nothing has been decided yet." Viserys was aware that it was more than likely that his father would be named Prince of Dragonstone since the only child Aemon had was a daughter. But the king had not made his decision as of yet. "The king has not named his official heir."

"But I am sure he will do it soon." Otto placed a hand on Viserys's shoulders. "You shall be the best king this realm has seen in many years and I hope you know that I am your friend and will support you as much as I am able."

"You have always been a good friend to me, Ser Otto."

"Thank you, my prince." The man removed his hand from his shoulder. "I hope you know you can trust me with whatever issues bother you and know that I only have your best interests at heart."

"I know Otto." Viserys nodded, knowing that the other man was a true friend. "You have always been good to me."

"I apologize if I am overstepping, but is there something bothering you?" Otto seemed genuinely concerned, which made Viserys happy, at least someone cared enough about him to ask how he was faring. "You have been unusually quiet this past few days. I have heard some servants speaking, saying you have been angry."

"There are just some things that have been bothering me, but I do not know if I should speak about them."

"It is up to you whatever you decide to do, but maybe you just need a clear perspective."

"Do you believe in the gods Otto?" Viserys looked at his friend, needing someone to talk to about his fears. "Do you think they are capable of making wonderful miracles, even when we do not understand what they want from us?"

"I believe the gods have a plan for all of us." Otto placed a hand on his chest. "I, myself am a faithful follower of the seven."

"Yes, I am aware of how devout you are." Everyone knew that the man and his family were truly god-fearing people. "What if the gods had sent a message? Should I just do as they ask without questioning their intentions?"