Chapter 34

We Finally get to find out what Aemma has. Daemon and Rhaenyra the member of their family. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Baelon was terrified, the last time he had been in this position his wife and child had died. He did not know what he would do if his wife were to pass away or if something happened to their child. Watching Aemma fighting to bring their child into the world was breathtaking and gave him an idea of how strong she truly was. The midwife had asked him to leave only once, and since he refused she had just ignored him. Baelon did not know what else to do but hold his wife's hand as she squeezed it until his fingers were numb. He was close to passing out from fear when Aemma gave a loud scream and a few seconds later a cry echoed around the room. Aemma threw herself back against the pillows and let out several loud breaths. Baelon still could not look away from Aemma's face, he wanted to be absolutely sure that she was okay, which is why a few minutes later he was the first one to notice when her face twisted in pain.

"What is wrong?" He looked at the midwife who handed the babe to another woman before running back to the bed. "Why is she still in pain?"

"Give me a moment to examine her, your grace." Aemma groaned again and Baelon was close shaking the midwife and asking her what the hell was wrong with his wife. The next words out of the woman's mouth made him freeze. "There is another babe."

"What?" He had not heard that right

"There is another babe." The midwife stopped paying attention to him once more and looked at Aemma. "Your grace, your other babe will be here in just a few minutes. When I say so I will need you to push."

Aemma took hold of his hand and squeezed his fingers as she pushed. It took only a few minutes before the babe was born. The second babe only cried for a few seconds, letting everyone know he was there before allowing the maids to bathe him and wrap him in a blanket.

After making sure Aemma was well he moved closer to the babes, smiling at the way his firstborn cried as the maids attempted to get him cleaned up and wrapped in a blanket. The babe sounded so insulted that Baelon could not help but laugh, it reminded him of Daemon. Once the babes were ready two maids approached him.

"Your grace," The midwife dried her hands, she had finished taking care of Aemma. "You have two beautiful sons, they are healthy."

"Thank you." Baelon loved his children, but he wanted to make sure Aemma would be well. "How is my wife?"

"The queen is well, she is a little tired and will continue to be tired for a few days, but she will heal without any issues." The midwife handed him one of the babes. "This is your firstborn."

Baelon took the babe from the woman and looked down into his son's face. He was completely in love with his sons, and he could not wait for Daemon and Rhaenyra to meet them. Baelon gestured to the second woman, who handed him his other son. Both babes looked very similar, but he could see some small differences. He kissed both their foreheads, before turning around and walking towards Aemma. She was sitting up on the bed, several pillows behind her. While she looked tired the smile on her face was breathtaking. Baelon gave the firstborn to Aemma and smiled when she kissed his forehead and ran a hand over his head.

"They are both boys." Baelon watched as his wife ran the back of her fingers over their secondborn's cheeks. "The midwife says they are healthy, you are holding our firstborn."

"They are beautiful." He saw the tears in her eyes when she looked at him. "I never thought I would be able to have this."

"They are both amazing." Baelon ran a finger over his wife's face, making sure she was looking at him. "I would think they were just as amazing if they had been girls."