Chapter 8

Aemma and Rhaenyra finally talk, and Aemma discovers some things. Daemon speaks to his older self and finds out some things too. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

She felt awful since last speaking to her mother Aemma had been avoiding her. Nyra could not blame her, it must feel awful to tell someone you were expecting a child, waiting to be congratulated, just for that person to tell you that you would lose the child. She did not want her mother to suffer like she had in her world and she wanted Rhaenyra to grow up with her mother beside her. She should have found another way to tell Aemma what would happen. But Daemon was right, it did not matter how she said it, Aemma would still suffer. If telling her about losing her children had hurt her mother that much, what would happen when she told her that Viserys would cut her open for a child who would only live for a few hours? The last thing Nyra wanted was to break her mother's heart.

There was a soft knock on her door before it opened and Aemma stepped into her chambers. Nyra swallowed and took a step forward before stopping herself.

"Mot... Aemma." She gave the woman a small smile and attempted to calm her nerves. "I am so glad to see you and I would like to apologize."

"Apologize?" Aemma gave her a confused look. "For what? You did nothing wrong."

"I should have found a better way to tell you what would happen." Aemma walked closer to her. "I should not have been so abrupt."

"You do not have to apologize." Aemma took Nyra's hands and gave them a gentle squeeze. "I was a bit surprised, but I am happy that you told me. I was prepared when I lost it."

"What?" Her eyes filled up with tears as she looked at her mother. "You lost the babe?"

"Yes," Aemma's smile was sad. "It was a few days ago. I am sorry, I have not been able to see you."

"Do not worry about that." Nyra guided Aemma to the settee and both women sat down. "How are you doing? Have a healer examined you yet?"

"No, but one of the midwives examined me. I had the expected bleeding, but not much more than that." Nyra felt fear when her mother talked about bleeding, she had seen her mother bleed so many times. "I was a bit weak the first two days, but I am feeling much better now."

"I am so glad." The relief she felt was overwhelming. "You need to have care and please do not attempt to get with child once more." Nyra shook her head, not wanting to sadden her mother, but not seeing a way around it. She just wanted Aemma to live. "I am sorry, I wish I did not have to tell you this, but I do not want your daughter to lose you once more. Once Daemon and I are done here I will go back to a world that does not have my mother in it. I would give anything to have her, to have you with me once more. I do not want this Rhaenyra to grow up feeling the same."

"How do I die?"

"Aemma, I do not think you should know about it now." Nyra shook her head, hating this situation. "I do not want to hurt you again. I will tell you, I just need a bit more time."

"Time for what?" Aemma frowned. "Nyra, I believe you when you said getting with child will cause my death, but I need to know how it happens. I need to be prepared for the decisions you have asked me to make."

"The decisions I have asked you to make?"

"Yes, you are asking me not to give my husband an heir." Aemma shook her head. "As much as I love my daughter you know as well as me that the lords will not be happy with a woman heir. And you also know that Viserys will let himself be swayed by the Lord's wishes. I need a good reason to deny my husband his wish."