Chapter 30

Aemma and Baelon talk and things get frisky 😳. Baelon talks to Viserys. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 week later.

"You should be careful, your grace." The midwife gave her a comforting smile. "I will be tending to you every three days, but if you feel any discomfort or have any questions then just call for me."

"Thank you." Aemma returned the woman's smile before straightening when her husband walked in and frowned at the woman. "You may leave, I will call you if I have need of you."

The woman bowed to her and Baelon before walking out of the chambers and closing the door behind her. Aemma gave her husband a tentative smile, but he did not return it, just moved closer to her.

"Aemma." His look was questioning as he ran his gaze all over her body, reassuring himself that she was not hurt. "Is something wrong?"

"No," She shook her head quickly. "Everything is well."

"Then why was the midwife here?"

"She was just examining me." She could tell he did not believe her. Baelon had the uncanny ability to know when there was something wrong or if there was something bothering her. "I just wanted to make sure everything is well."

"She has been examining you for moons and she has never done it during this time." Baelon took her hands and led her to the bed. "Just tell me what is wrong, do not make me pull it out of the woman."

"I just..." She bit her lip, not knowing what to say or how to say it. "I am with child."

He did not say anything, just stared at her and blinked a few times. Aemma stood there and did not say anything either, she was unsure of what she was supposed to say. If this had been Viserys he would have been celebrating by now, but she did not know if Baelon wanted more children.

"Okay." He took a deep breath. "I am sorry, this is all my fault. I should have paid more attention to make sure you did not get with child, I would never put your life in danger." He was talking so fast she was having trouble understanding what he was saying. "Maybe we can talk to the midwife or one of the healers, you might be able to get rid of the child without any danger to your life."

"Baelon." Aemma cupped his face and kissed his lips softly to make him stop. It took a few minutes, but finally, she felt his shoulders relax. "All is well, the midwife was just examining me to make sure everything is in order. I am not in any danger, well, no more danger than any woman in my condition. The midwife has assured me that I am strong and healthy enough to have children, especially now that I am not being poisoned any longer."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I would not lie about it. I have no desire to die." She ran the back of her fingers over the side of his face. "The midwife will keep an eye on things to make sure everything is well."

"I would never place you in danger Aemma. We do not need to have any children. My sons and your daughter are more than enough."

"Thank you," She felt the need to cry at his words, happy that he valued her life more than the promise of heirs. "I am thankful that you value my life so much."

"Of course I do." He cupped her face to make sure she was looking at him. "I love you."

"You do?" Her eyes widened, she had not expected that confession.

"Of course." His look was questioning before he gave her an amused smile. "Aemma, everyone knows how I feel about you, I am surprised you did not know."