Chapter 14

Rhaenyra decides to take revenge on behalf of her uncle. Baelon and Aemma talk about Viserys and a request he made. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

3 days later.

"Is there a reason why my son is walking around with bruises on his face and abdomen?" Damon just shrugged, not saying anything, but not looking apologetic either. "I was told you two fought on the training grounds."

"I would not call it a fight. We were sparring and I decided Daemon needed to be taught a lesson."

"Is there a reason why he needed a lesson?" He could see it on Damon's face, something had happened. "Oh Gods, what did he do now?"

"He kissed my wife." Damon narrowed his eyes. "And I do not mean in the cheek."

Baelon let out a tired sigh, in the past few weeks it felt like his sons were attempting to make his life harder for no reason. Viserys was sulking around the castle, annoyed that he could not approach Aemma and Rhaenyra. He had been spending even more time with Otto and Baelon was not happy with how his son was being affected by the other man. Then Viserys had made a request which had perplexed Baelon, he did not know how he was supposed to tell Aemma about it. As much as he would like to kick Otto out of Kings Landing he could not without a valid reason. For some reason, he could understand his father also liked the man and believed he would be good for the kingdom. While Daemon had decided it was ok to go around and kiss another man's wife. Well, technically, it was Daemon's wife, but not yet. Gods, this was all so confusing that his head hurt from thinking about it too long. His youngest son should have known better, especially knowing who Nyra's husband was.

"I am sorry." Damon just shrugged again, apparently now that he had beaten Daemon he was not as angry any longer. "Sometimes I think my sons are attempting to find out how far they can push me before I snap."

"Yes, Nyra told me about what Viserys did." Damon crossed his arms over his chest. "I wish I could tell you that is the worst thing Viserys will do, but is not."

"Yes, Aemma told me about what Nyra said to her about how she died." He had trouble believing that Viserys would kill Aemma for a son until he had made that request a few days ago. "I cannot believe Viserys would hurt Aemma. She is so beautiful and sweet and she always smells like lilacs." Baelon stopped speaking when he noticed the way Daemon was staring at him and the amused look on his face. "What?"

"Nothing." The older version of his son let out a laugh. "I just never realized how closely you watched Aemma."

"Well, it is my job to protect her." He could not see why that would be confusing. "She is my good daughter and my niece, she is also the mother of my only grandchild."

"That is true." Baelon did not understand the look on Damon's face, but it made him a bit uncomfortable. "Have you ever thought about marrying again?"

"What?" He was not sure where the question had come from. "Why are you asking that?"

"I am curious, I never asked my father about it." Damon tilted his head to the side. "I know you loved my mother fiercely, but at this point, it has been five and ten years since she passed. Do you not want another woman?"

"Since I know the reputation my youngest son has I am sure it is the same reputation you had before you wed Rhaenyra, I am sure you are aware I do not need to be wed when I want to bed a woman."

"No, but that is different." Baelon was not very comfortable with the conversation, but Damon did not seem to want to stop. "Are you not lonely? You could have more children, you are still young."