Chapter 28

Happy Turkey day!!!!

Rhaenyra and Aemma talk about how Viserys is doing. Second part is just smut 😳. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Nyra sat with her mother and stared at Alicent, who was playing with Rhaenyra, chasing her around. Alicent had behaved like the perfect lady and visitor the entire time since her uncle and the rest of her family had left. She appeared to be more outgoing now that she was away from Hobert and her smiles came easier. She enjoyed reading and spending time in the gardens. She also treated Aemma and everyone else with respect, Nyra could not see any of the hate that her stepmother had for her family and their customs in this Alicent. She was hoping it would stay that way and they would not be forced to kill the poor girl.

"She is behaving." Nyra looked at her mother who gestured towards Alicent. "She has done everything I have asked of her and she is very polite and sweet. She does not appear to like Viserys, at least not enough to wed him. She dreams about a young and handsome knight."

"I do not blame her." She looked at Alicent for a moment before looking back at Aemma. "She is so young, it is hard to see her as the woman who hated me most of my life."

"I am sorry, you had to go through all of that." Aemma gave her a sad look. "But I am happy that you are here. Things have been better since you and Damon arrived."

"I can see how happy you are." Aemma blushed which just made Nyra smile. "I think most of the castle can tell how happy you are. You are lucky your daughter is a deep sleeper."

"I cannot believe everyone knows what happens in my chambers."

"Then you might want to be a bit quieter." Nyra laughed out loud when Aemma's face turned even redder. "How are things going with the midwife?"

"Everything is going well." Aemma's smile was pleased. "She examines me once a week. She says that the poison has left my system completely and I am perfectly healthy."

"I am so glad." She had been worried about her mother's health and was happy to hear she was doing well. Aemma seemed strong and full of life, not like the weak woman who could not even get out of bed some days. "How are things with Viserys? Has he caused any more problems?"

"No in the way you might think." Aemma frowned. "He is writing to Hobert Hightower, the man is attempting to kindle a friendship with him since his brother cannot do it any longer."

"Please, tell me that Viserys is not thinking about becoming friends with that man."

"He has been answering his letters." Aemma shrugged. "Viserys still seems to think that Daemon is a danger and is not happy with the idea of our daughter and Daemon marrying one day."

"What is he thinking of doing?" She did not like the idea of her father sharing ideas with Hobert.

"Hobert Hightower offered a betrothal between Rhaenyra and his son Ormund."

"What?" Nyra was so shocked she almost fell out of her chair. "What is he thinking? There is no way I would ever want to wed that man and I can assure you this Rhaenyra will not want to either."

"I have already spoken with Baelon about it. He says he will not allow it, and since he will be the king and Rhaenyra is a princess, he has the final say on who she will wed."

Aemma twisted the ring around her finger, which made Nyra smile. She did the same thing when she was nervous or anxious. "I do not know when the animosity Viserys feels for his younger brother started, but now it is worrying me. I cannot see the reason why he is against Daemon being anywhere near Rhaenyra, we can all see how much Daemon loves my daughter. He does the most ridiculous things just to make her smile, and we have seen how much Damon loves you. Why would he not want that for our daughter?"