Chapter 41

The aftermath of Daemon's arrival in Kings Landing. We get to see a glimpse of how the other Daemon is doing at the Stepstones. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

In another world.

Alicent was dragged to the courtyard as other lords and ladies were dragged there also. By the time Daemon made it to the courtyard all the Kingsguard, except for Cole were present and so were all the members of the small council members, including Larys Strong. Since they returned from the other world Daemon had investigated everything the gods had shown him and Rhaenyra. He had discovered that a lot of those things were true in his world also, like Mysaria's betrayal. He made sure to kill her quickly and without fuss, not wanting people to suspect him. Even while Otto Hightower had been dead for years, he could not trust the woman and would not risk it. He also had Larys Strong watched, and the man was as evil as they came. Even in this world, he was planning to have his father and brother killed just so he could become Lord of Harrenhal. Not that Daemon was going to allow that to happen, but the man deserved to die.

"I am happy to see all of you," Daemon smirked at the people who were supposed to lead the kingdom and did nothing more than attempt to fill their own pockets and hold on to power for as long as possible. Not all of them were the same, but most of them were useless traitors. "You cannot imagine my and my wife's surprise when we received that news that my brother had died and you all decided to hide it." Some of the men paled and looked down, while a couple looked him straight in the eye. Lyonel Strong was one of those few. "I arrive here and find out that all of you decided that my wife and I did not need to know that she was now the queen."

"Your grace," Tyland Lannister looked like he was about to be sick and Daemon knew he would give nothing but excuses. "Your wife is large with child, we did not want to give her any distressing news."

"So all of you were planning to wait until my wife gave birth?" He could not hide the disbelief in his voice. "What if she still had another moon to go? Who was going to rule the kingdom then?"

His question was rhetorical, there was no right answer for that. They all knew they betrayed Rhaenyra and now they would have to pay for that betrayal.

"Your grace, if you will allow me." Lord Lyonel stepped forward, the expression on his face was harsh. Daemon nodded his head. "Immediately after the king's death, the dowager queen called for a council meeting. After informing us of the king's death she then advised us that it would be best if we kept the news of the king's death a secret until there was time to come up with a plan. She then made the comment that women were not meant to rule and you would not be a good king."

"Why did you stay quiet?" Daemon did not look away from Lyonel, attempting to see if he was lying. "Why did you not send a raven to let us know?"

"Because when Lord Beesbury and I protested, we were confined to our chambers." Daemon looked at Beesbury who nodded in agreement. "We have not been allowed to leave since then."

"It is true, your grace." One of the gold cloaks stepped forward. "We found Lord Strong and Lord Beesbury locked inside their chambers."

"Take Lord Strong and Lord Beesbury to the throne room, I will meet with them once I am done here." Two of the gold cloaks nodded and followed the two older men. Daemon looked at the five men remaining, who were now looking even more pale, except for Larys, he was under the impression he would get out of this one. "All of you are traitors and as everyone knows the punishment for traitors is death."

"Your grace..." Lord Wylde looked terrified and shook his head. "We did not mean any harm."

"Yes, you did." Daemon's smile was not pleasant. "You all believed you could overthrow the Targaryens and put someone else on the throne, let me assure you that it will never happen. My wife and I will not accept traitors in our court." He glared at the five men and signaled the gold cloaks. "Kill them all, except for Larys Strong."