Chapter 23

Daemon and Rhaenyra find out about Otto's plans. Aemma and Baelon are not able to keep their hands of each other. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

"I still cannot believe you convinced your mother to claim a dragon." Daemon shook his head and let out a laugh. "You should have seen people's faces as you both flew above the Red Keep."

"I imagined they were shocked," Rhaenyra answered with a smirk.

"To say the least." Daemon laughed again. "Otto looked like he would faint at any moment."

"Yes, he never saw my mother as an actual Targaryen." She hated that man and wanted him dead as soon as possible. "The only reason she was a threat to him was because she was wed to my father and in the way of his plans."

"What did the midwife say about Aemma?"

"She is perfectly healthy and the woman could not find any reason for her not to be able to carry a child to full term." Rheanyra still felt rage fill her body when she remembered what the woman had found. "But she also found proof that someone has been poisoning my mother with turpentine. The woman said that is a common remedy used to help women miscarry, but it can be fatal if given the wrong dose. She said that when controlled correctly someone can be poisoned for years and it would appear as if the woman is losing the child naturally. But with continuous use, the body becomes weaker and weaker until the person dies. The good news is that she could not find any damage, which means that the poison has not damaged her body yet."

"Is that why you had her claim a dragon?"

"Yes." She knew Daemon would understand. "You know that our bonds with our dragons make us stronger, age slower, and less likely to become seriously ill. I knew that if she was able to bond with a dragon the bit of poison left in her body would dissipate."

"That was very quick thinking." Daemon's hands went to her waist and he pulled her close to his body. "You are very smart, I have always loved that beautiful mind of yours."

"I did not know my mind was what attracted you to me," Rhaenyra said as she nipped his lips.

"Well, it was not the only thing." His hands moved down her back and went to her ass, squeezing the flesh. "You have several attractive qualities."

"I am so glad you approve."

Rheanyra lowered his head so she would be able to reach his lips. She wished they were in their chambers instead of the secret tunnels, she wanted him. Daemon had a way of driving her out of her mind with desire with only a few touches and a few words. Their kiss became heated and they were close to tearing off each others' clothes when someone cleared their throat, making them break apart and look at the man standing near them with an amused look on his face.

"I apologize, my prince, princess." Even while the man's tone was respectful, no one could miss the amused look on his face. "I can return later."

"That will not be necessary." Daemon turned fully towards the man. "This is my wife, Princess Rhaenrya."

"Ah, the other from another world." She was shocked that the man knew who she really was. "It is a pleasure to meet you, princess."

"The faceless men knew I would seek them out and who we truly are." Daemon shrugged. "Apparently the god of many faces told them what was happening. That is why they agreed to help me without any form of payment."

"You were both sent here to save the world." The man now looked serious. "The faceless men will assist you in whatever you might need from us."

"And we are very thankful for it," Daemon said and nodded his head. "Have you been able to discover anything about Otto's plans?"