Chapter 35

I'm back!!! Sorry, it has been a few horrible days, but things are much better now.

Daemon and Baelon go to see Viserys and Baelon decides what the punishment for his son will be. Something happens with Daemon and Rhaenyra. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

4 days later.

Vhagar landed on the beach outside of Dragonstone and Baelon looked around. The guards stood firm, but one of them moved towards him. Baelon climbed off Vhagar and moved closer to one of the knights, noticing that Viserys was nowhere to be found. It was the middle of the day and his son was nowhere to be seen. Baelon had a bad feeling about it and he looked at the guard, not wanting to ask him, but knowing he had to.

"Where is my son?"

"He is inside, your grace." The knight bowed and looked everywhere but at him. "Prince Daemon arrived a few minutes ago and wanted to speak to him."

"Where are they?"

"I last saw them in the chamber of the painted table."

Baelon turned on his heel and hurried to the castle, he was sure that whatever Daemon was doing was not good. His youngest son had been extremely angry after what happened with Rhaenyra and as much as Baelon had wanted him to stay away and let him solve the issue, Daemon refused. The only reason Baelon had been able to keep him away for this long was because of Aemma giving birth and Daemon not wanting to leave Rhaenyra alone while Aemma was abed. Now that Aemma was back on her feet, even if she was moving a bit slower, Daemon had decided he would not wait any longer. Baelon had suspected what his son's intentions were as soon as he was told that Daemon had left on Caraxes early that morning. Baelon had left as soon as he was able, wanting to reach Dragonstone before Daemon did, but apparently, he had not succeeded.

Baelon made it to the chamber of the painted table and heard screaming. The guards opened the doors for him and Baelon's eyes widened at the image that met his eyes. Daemon had Viserys on the ground, straddling him while he punched him in the face repeatedly. Baelon moved quickly placed his hands under Daemon's arms and dragged him back. His son fought him for a few moments until he realized who was the one holding him.

"What in all the hells is wrong with you?" Baelon let go of Daemon before he stepped between him and Viserys. "I told you to let me handle it."

"I was not going to allow Viserys to get away with what happened." Daemon glared at Viserys over Baelon's shoulders. "Do you have any idea what could have happened if Hobert Hightower had actually been able to take Rhaenyra? The danger she was placed in? The man pulled a knife and then he hurt Syrax while the hatching was attempting to protect her rider. She could have been killed."

"I did not do anything." Visenya ran his fists under his nose, attempting to clean a bit of the blood running down his face. "I never told Hobert to take Rhaenyra."

"No, but you did something." Baelon turned to face Viserys. "There is no way Hobert knew where the secret entrances to the castle were or how to get into the Godswood without being seen. What happened?"

"Nothing happened." Viserys took a rag that was sitting on one of the tables and pressed it under his nose. "Hobert had been writing to me, he had questions about my betrothal to Alicent now that I had been exiled from the capital." Viserys sat down, wincing as he moved. "He also had questions about Rhaenyra's wedding to his son."

"There was never going to be a wedding between Rhaenyra and Hobert's son, I told you that moons ago." Baelon was tired of repeating himself over and over again. "Did you not tell him?"