Chapter 46

It is time for the wedding day and the wedding night 😳. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 week later.

Rhaenyra looked at herself in the mirror and straightened her gown. She had chosen a modest white gown with gold accents. It was made out of myrish lace and gold thread. Seamstress had worked on it for moons. It was a contrast to what she had in store for Daemon for their wedding night. She was going to make him pay for how he had used her body to manipulate her into saying what he wanted to hear. For now, all she was worried about was her wedding. She was nervous, she had no idea why she was so nervous but her hands would not stop shaking. She had waited for this for so many years and now the moment had arrived. In a few hours, she would be Daemon's wife and she could not wait.

"Wow." Rhaenyra turned to look at her father who was looking at her like he could not believe she was the one standing there. "I have never seen a more beautiful bride."

"So, I look fine?" She had been second-guessing her choice since her maids had helped her dress. "It is not too much?"

"No, it is not too much." He approached her and took her hands in his. "I cannot believe you are already a woman grown. I swear it was just yesterday when you were running around attempting to sneak Syrax into the castle and hitting people with sticks for being mean to Daemon."

Rhaenyra laughed, she had been told those stories several times by her parents and even her uncle sometimes. Apparently, she had been a very rambunctious child, who refused to take no for an answer. Rhaenyra remembered some things clearly and some were a bit more muddled, but the one thing she did remember was the way her father had always loved her.

"I want to thank you." Her father gave her a questioning look and she gave him a teary smile. "You have always been the best father to me and never treated me differently from your other children. I am thankful for everything you have done for me."

"You are my daughter, Rhaenyra and you are not any different than any of my other children." His eyes filled with tears as he hugged her to his chest. "I could not be prouder of the woman you have become. I love you."

"I love you too, papa." She wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him hard.

Rhaenyra had a few memories of her real father. She knew he had loved her as best he could, but her father had not been a strong man. He had made a lot of mistakes and had put her life in danger. Rhaenyra had missed her father when he first left and once she had learned how to write she had sent him a few letters, but he never answered her. Rhaenyra had been sad in the beginning, but her father Baelon had more than made up for her father's absence. As she grew the image of Viserys had faded more and more, until he was just a distant memory. Then she had been told he had died, drowned while drunk and all Rhaenyra could think was that it had been a pathetic death for a man who was a Targaryen prince.

Today was her wedding and Rhaenyra would not change a thing, she could not be happier that her father, the man who had raised her for most of her life, was there with her. They had decided that she would wed in the sept and then would have a Valyrian ceremony with only their family present.

Her father pulled away and touched one of her braids, giving her a large smile.

"Are you ready?"

"I have never been more ready for anything."

Rhaenyra answered with a smile of her own as she took her father's arm. She could not wait to start her life with her uncle as her husband.