Chapter 20

Little Rhaenyra defends Alicent. Daemon and Rhaenyra get frisky 😳. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

2 weeks later

Rhaenyra was happy that her mother and grandsire were getting married. Her mother had been happier and more calm since getting betrothed to her grandsire. Rhaenyra was aware that it was a little unusual for her mother and grandsire to wed, but she was not sure why. She had heard some people talking and they were all surprised. She heard a woman saying that it was a shame no one knew that her grandsire had been ready to be wed once more. Apparently, a lot of people wanted to wed her grandsire, they all said how handsome he was.

Rhaenyra was about to turn around a corner when she heard voices. One was a man's and he sounded very upset, the other voice was a woman's and it sounded like she was crying. Rhaenyra frowned as she looked around the wall.

"You will stop this nonsense, Alicent!" The man grabbed the girl's arm in a tight grip and shook her a bit. "You will do as I say!"

"Father, please." The girl cried, fat tears running down her face. "I do not wish to wed him, please do not make me do this."

The man glared at the girl before his hand shut out and slapped the girl across the face. Rhaenyra gasped as the girl held her face. She moved from behind the wall.

"What are you doing?" The man and Alicent both turned to her with surprised looks on their faces. "Why are you hitting her?"

"I apologize princess." The man gave her a short bow. "I did not realize you were there."

"You should not hit her." Rhaenyra glared at the man, she did not like him. "Why are you hurting her?"

"She is my daughter, princess." The man's eyes were cold and she felt fear but refused to back away. "Fathers have the right to discipline their daughters if they are misbehaving."

"She was not doing anything." Rhaenyra looked at Alicent. "Come here." Alicent looked at her father, before looking back at her. Her uncle had told her several times that she was a princess, which meant that people had to follow her orders. "Now, Alicent."

The girl was quick to move to her side, but the look of fear did not leave her face. Rhaenyra stood in front of the much taller girl, she could not allow the mean man to hurt her again, even if he was her father.

"Princess, this is no concern of yours." The man took a few steps forward and one of the knights protecting her also moved forward a hand on his sword. The man glared at the knight. "I would advise you to take a step back, ser. This is above your head, I am a lord and friend of Prince Viserys."

"And I am a knight of the kingsguard and protector of Princess Rhaenyra." The man did not back away or take his hand off his sword. "If you take one more step towards her or threaten her I will be forced to cut off your head."

"You go too far, ser." The man's eyes narrowed.

"If you have any issues with my behavior you may speak with Prince Baelon." The knight did not appear to be intimidated by the lord. "He is the only one besides the king I take orders from."

The man was not happy and his glare turned to her, before looking at Alicent.

"Alicent, you will come with me." He said, extending his hand.

"She will stay with me." Rhaenyra's eyes narrowed. "I do not have anyone to play with, she will keep me company."

The man was not happy, but there was nothing he could do. She was a princess and her knight would not allow him to take Alicent without her permission. Finally, the man gave a curt nod before walking away quickly. Rhaenyra let out the sigh she had been holding and turned to smile at the knight.