Chapter 24

Baelon talks to Viserys and gives him some news he was not expecting. Daemon tells Baelon several things that happened in in the future in his world. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Baelon woke up with a smile on his face, the smile did not disappear when he realized he was wrapped around his wife. She had turned over during the night and he had ended up hugging her from behind. She was deeply asleep and barely moved when he took his arm away. He did not blame her, he had taken her several times last night. For someone who had been used to having marital relations once every few weeks, being fucked several times a night must be exhausting. He kissed the back of her head before getting out of bed, Aemma could still sleep for a while. The servants had already prepared his bath and set out his clothes. He washed quickly and dressed himself, before walking out of his chambers. He needed to speak to Viserys and also get ready for the tourney.

He nodded at the guards standing outside his eldest son's chambers before knocking on the door. He waited over thirty seconds and opened the doors when there was no answer. The inside of the chambers was a disaster, there were broken things on the floor, half uneaten food on the table and Viserys was lying on the bed. He looked like he had not taken a bath in a sennight. His son barely reacted to his presence, taking another sip of what Baelon believed was wine.

"Viserys." His son barely looked at him and Baelon walked over to the balcony, opening the doors and letting some fresh air and light in. He took a deep breath before turning towards his son, who still had not moved. "What is the matter with you?"

"I find it difficult to believe you do not know." Viserys let out a laugh, which was not amused not in the least. "Do you have any idea how humiliated I have been in the past two days because of you? Do you even care that the woman you have been fucking and making scream for the entire castle to hear was my wife just a few moons ago?"

"Viserys I am sorry for what you heard, I did not do it on purpose." He did feel bad that his son had heard Aemma's screams of pleasure, but he had not done it on purpose. If he was being honest, he felt worse for Aemma. His wife had not known that she was capable of feeling pleasure until he had shown her. He had almost fallen when she had told him there might be something wrong with her. Apparently, his son did not care much about making sure his wife felt pleasure, or he did not know what he was doing. "But you cannot blame me for marrying Aemma, you are the one who asked for a divorce, in case you have forgotten. When I attempted to delay things you went over my head and spoke to my father."

"You had already spoken to him." Viserys attempted to stand and tripped over his own feet, almost falling, but was able to hold himself up at the last minute. "Remember? You told me you had already convinced grandsire to give me the divorce."

"Yes, but I only did that after I discovered that you were planning to speak to my father behind my back and lied to him about Aemma." Baelon shook his head. "I do not understand what has been happening with you Viserys. I am attempting to understand you, but you do not seem to care what anyone but Otto Hightower has to say."

"Do not speak about Otto." Viserys glared at him. "He is my only friend, the only one who has not turned his back on me."

"He is manipulating you, Viserys." Why was his son so blind? "You need to understand that Otto is not your friend. He does not have your best interests at heart."

"And you do?" Viserys walked to the table and poured himself some wine. "You who married my wife and my brother who stole my daughter?"

"She is not your wife." He was getting annoyed by the way Viserys kept referring to Aemma. "She is my wife because you gave her up, you did not think she was good enough for you."