Chapter 11

Aemma and Rhaenyra talk. Viserys looses his shit and not in a good way. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

2 days later.

"When will Damon be returning?" Aemma asked before taking a sip of her tea. "He has been gone for a couple of days and you have not told us where he is at."

"He is just following a hunch." Nyra gave her mother a small smile. "I know it feels like we are not telling you much, but we do not want to tell you things before we decide if we are able to change them and cause you all to panic. I know this might be asking a lot, but I want you to trust us for just a bit longer."

"We do trust you." Aemma shrugged. "Believe me, after you told me what would happen in my future I understand why you might be hesitant to share the information. After you know something, you cannot unknown it."

"How are things with Viserys?" Nyra could see the tension between her mother and father. She could tell Aemma was suffering. "I have noticed you two do not speak much anymore."

"How are we supposed to speak? He does not care about risking my life." Aemma's expression was sad. "All he cares about is having a male heir, apparently, our daughter is not enough." Aemma's eyes widened when she saw the look on Nyra's face. "I am sorry, that was not what I meant. Viserys loves our daughter, he loves you."

"Do not worry, Aemma." Rhaenyra gave her mother a reassuring smile. "I know what you are trying to say. I have known for many years I was not what my father wanted. It did not matter how hard I tried, or how good I was at what I did, it was never enough for my father. I was not a son."

"I am sorry you grew up feeling that way." Aemma's eyes filled with tears. "I cannot imagine how lonely it must have been."

"Not everything was bad." Even after what happened in her family, she still managed to have a happy life. "I had Daemon, he made sure to show me how special I was every single moment. He would bring me the most marvelous gifts every time he traveled across the narrow sea. He would make sure to spend time with me, to teach me about our history and our culture. He would take me dragon riding. Thanks to him I am the youngest dragon rider in our family since the Doom."

"You are?" Aemma appeared to be pleasantly surprised.

"Yes, I rode Syrax for the first time when I was seven." She shook her head as she remembered. "I was attempting to stop my uncle from leaving, so I climbed on Syrax and chased after him. I thought he would faint when he saw me."

"I can imagine how proud he was."

"He was, he promised me that he would return soon." Nyra enjoyed remembering things about her life with her uncle. "And he did, he always kept the promises he made me."

"I can tell how much you love him when you speak about him." Aemma laughed. "Your eyes sparkle. I have never seen two people in love the way you two are."

"I always thought you and my father were in love." Nyra heard the stories several times from her father, but she understood he was not the most reliable person to tell a story. "My father always used to say you were the love of his life. That no one loved him the way you did."

"I was so young when I met Viserys and wed him. I have never even looked at another man." Aemma shrugged. "At this point, I do not know if I am in love or just do not know any better."

"I am sorry, that must not be an easy way to live." Nyra let out a sigh. "I do not remember much about the relationship between my mother and father, my mother spent most of the years I remember her in bed with child or weak from a miscarriage. It was strange to see her walking around."