Chapter 32

This will have 2 small time jumps. Viserys and Aemma talk, he has not gotten any better. Rhaenyra finds trouble. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

4 months later.

Aemma had convinced her ladies in waiting to let her take a walk on her own. It had taken a bit of persuasion but she was happy they finally listened to her. She knew there was a knight Alicent was interested in and she wanted to give the girl some time with the young man. Rhaenyra had introduced them a few moons ago and Alicent seemed completely smitten. Her other ladies had different things they could occupy their time with. Since finding out about her pregnancy Baelon had ordered for someone to be with her at all times. Aemma had rolled her eyes, but decided to indulge her husband, she knew he worried about her. The midwife continued checking her and said everything was going well. Aemma did not feel as tired as she had in her previous pregnancies and had more of an appetite.

Walking in the gardens helped her get some much needed fresh air and the midwife told her that walking was good for her. A kingsguard walked a few steps behind her, his eyes vigilant. Since the coronation things had settled down, one moon after Daemon had been sent on a tour of the seven kingdoms. Right now her stepson was in Winterfell, probably wreaking havoc. Rhaenyra had been sad and cried when her uncle left, but she was doing better now, especially after all the gifts Daemon had sent her.

"Aemma." She stopped walking and turned to the side, finding Viserys sitting on one of the benches with a cup in his hands.

"Viserys, I did not see you there." Her smile was nervous, she had not seen him much in the past few moons. Every time she saw him he was stumbling down the halls. "It is a pretty day, is it not?"

"It is." His face was flushed and he smelled like a tavern, or what she imagined a tavern smelt like. His gaze moved down her body, which made her a bit uncomfortable. "You are very large and look very beautiful."

"Thank you." She ran a hand over her large belly, not sure what else she was supposed to say.

"I guess, my father was better at getting you with child than I was." His gaze became almost hateful. "But then everyone knows how much you enjoy bedding him."

"Viserys, do not do this." She wanted to have an amicable relationship with him, not just because of Baelon, but for Rhaenyra. Her daughter loved her father, even if she had not seen much of him lately. Viserys had been keeping his distance from all of them. "I do not wish to fight."

"But it is your fault that this is happening to me." He stood and stumbled, almost falling down, but was able to righten himself at the last minute. "If I had stayed wed to you, my father would not have taken my inheritance and my daughter away."

"No one has taken Rhaenyra away, Viserys." Aemma let out an annoyed sigh, she hated the way Viserys attempted to blame everyone else for things going wrong in his life. "You are the one who has been too busy to see her. You have not even asked about her."

"Well, my father made it clear that he was the one with the final say when it came to Rhaenyra." Viserys moved closer to her. "I cannot even decide who my daughter is wed to."

"You wanted to wed her to a Hightower!" Aemma snapped, losing her patience with him. "Our daughter deserves better, she is a princess and her marriage is of interest to the crown. You should not be surprised that Baelon refuses to let you wed her to the son of a minor house. Why are you so against her marrying Daemon? She will be queen and be with a man who loves her."

"Daemon does not deserve her." He said while glaring at her.

"And Ormund Hightower does?" She asked with an incredulous look on her face. "What are you thinking?"