Sunday 7th January

Today I woke up with an overwhelming urge to just sort everything out. Have a clear out. Have a tidy.

Which happened to coincide with my brother coming to put my Christmas decorations back into the loft.

I ate breakfast watching modern family and then put some music on loud. I started upstairs going room to room just doing a sort and tidy up through each room.
I literally went through everything. I got everything out of my wardrobe and drawers to assess and put away what I was keeping.
I went under my bed and pulled everything out to look through. How I actually stayed so focused I couldn't tell you.
I had started collecting things I was going to get rid of and was piling them into the bath when I realised I wanted to clean the bath. But I decided to earmark that for the end as I like the system I had devised.

My brother turned up just as I had finished hoovering the stairs.

I paid him for his services in pizza and brownies (the rest he took home) and after we ate the pizza he grabbed the ladder and I started cleaning downstairs.
I made the brownies while he was putting away my decorations. So they were warm when he finished and we both had one with some ice cream before he headed home with the rest of them.

By the time it was 5 I had cleaned the house top to bottom and made a pile of bits to sell or donate and Tim had put away Christmas for me. I then changed and took the dogs out for a walk. It was already dark and so we just walked around the town under the lights.

When we got back I couldn't really be bothered to cook and so I quickly made up a stir fry and crashed onto the sofa. I put on a cheesy romantic comedy and just settled down to relax for the evening.

It was an absolutely mental day but I felt so fulfilled just sitting on the sofa I don't think I've felt so relaxed.
There was just no tension in my body.