Wednesday 10th January

I was in the office again today. Work was absolutely fine. I got my work done fine. I just felt so tired when it was time to leave.

I did a few laps of the car park before hopping into the car. I was getting my blood flowing and some fresh air into my lungs before driving home.

Which I'm glad I did. The drive home was long. It was so much slower than normal going through the roadworks.

I arrived home feeling deflated. I grabbed the dogs and my headphones and we headed straight out for a walk around the town.

I put on a podcast to listen to and we took a easy stroll along the footpath that runs behind the school. We ran into the boys dog friend Netty.  She's a large rescue greyhound and she loves it when I stand stroking her head and she tolerates the boys sniffing her. Her dad Nick held her back when we first met because she's normally scared of dogs but she pulled against him to come over and sniff Duke and Chester.

I stood stroking Netty and chatting to Nick which was a lovely pick me up. But as it was very cold we said our goodbyes and headed in different directions.

We got home and I realised I couldn't feel my toes anymore. My trainers are the most comfortable shoes, but the breathable top doesn't half let in the frost.

I decided to run a bath and quickly heated some soup up in the microwave. I put my podcast on, jumped into the bath and ate my soup in the bath.

When I got out the bath I headed into bed and put Modern Family on and both the boys padded into the bedroom. Chester hopped straight up onto the bed and came to lay at my side. Duke jumped up and laid right on top of my.
“Oof Duke, you're heavy.”
I said it but didn't move him. I expected him to shuffle off after a while, he doesn't settle well normally, but I woke up, looked at the clock and saw it said 10pm. Duke was still laying on top of me fast asleep, Chester was still by my side and the TV was still on and I had no idea what episode of Modern Family I was on now. Or what one I had last seen. I'd slept for 3 hours.
This time I did push Duke over and I got myself comfortable before going back to sleep.

I want to say the bath was the love but I actually think my nap with Duke was it.