Friday 19th January

Today I went out for dinner with George. 

I worked from home to try and give myself a little bit more pampering time before I went out for dinner.

I walked the dogs over lunch to soak in the sunlight and I decided to listen to music rather than a podcast. It felt really serene, the sky was blue and there were no clouds, and it was brisk so I was wrapped up cosy warm in my puffer coat and scarf.

After work I hopped into the shower and had a full shower. I put a face mask and hair mask on beforehand, I shaved, conditioned, buffed. I did it all.

I sat at my dressing table and did my hair, put on a little bit of makeup and turned to survey the dresses I laid on the bed before I showered.

“Duke, Chester. Which one should mum wear?” I asked, looking across the room at them. Duke looked over at me and turned back to cosy up on his bed. Chester was laying on the bed and when he moved two dresses fell off the side. I looked at Chester and then at the only dress left on the bed. Decided.

I zipped my dress up and looked at myself in the mirror. I realised I was putting a lot of effort in for a friend date. But I do enjoy getting dressed up.

George knocked at the door at 6:45.

“Hey.” 

“Hey. These are for you.” He held out the bouquet of flowers. There was tulips and baby's breath mixed together.

“George, you didn't need to get me flowers. But they are beautiful, thank you.” I smiled at him and stepped back so he could come in. I quickly put the flowers in a vase and grabbed my bag.

George held open the car door for me as I held my dress down to slide into the seat.

“Hungry?” George asked.

“Absolutely.” I said enthusiastically. 

We arrived at a little Italian restaurant called Desmond's and George held out my chair for me when we were shown our table.

“George, such a gentleman.” 

“I'm trying.” He winks at me as he sits.

Dinner was amazing and the people working at Desmond's were so kind and lovely and kept us well topped up with garlic bread and drinks.

“I can't believe I'm actually indebted to Warren now.” George laughed.

“What do you mean?”

“Without Warren creeping around you, we wouldn't be sitting here now…” He trails off looking at me. “Maybe in a month but not now, I was working up to it.” he says slowly and quietly.

“Are we on a date George?” I kept my face straight for a moment and then smiled and winked at him. 

We were laughing when a waitress come over to us and slipped the check onto the table and cleared all our glasses away.

George looked at his watch and loudly whispered “It's midnight. We should leave.” 

He called us a taxi and then paid the check while I nipped to the ladies. I ran my fingers through my hair and touched up my lipstick before heading back into the restaurant. 

George was standing leaning against the bar and smiled at me as I approached him. 

“You're beautiful.” He said into my ear as I glided past him towards the door.

He opened the taxi door for me and slid in behind me. Continuing across the seat so our legs were pressed up against each other.

When the taxi pulled up to mine George lent through to the front asking the taxi driver just to wait while he walked me to the door.

“I had the best night George. I'd say thank you, but Warren deserves that.” I laughed, pulling my keys from my bag.

“I had the best time too.” He stood looking at me. He took a gentle step back, looked down and then looked back up at me. In one breath he had lifted me up and pushed me against the door, his lips crushing against mine. 

It was hot, rushed, and my heart was thumping when our lips parted. He looked at me for a moment and then slowly set me down.

“Goodnight.” He said in a husky voice before turning and heading back to the taxi.

I got inside and just stood for a moment. I tingled everywhere he had touched me.

I crawled into bed still thinking about him holding me against the door.

I didn't expect that.