Sunday 17th March

I woke up and laid on bed looking up at the ceiling for a few moments. I felt relaxed and content at that moment.

I pulled my book over to me and snuggled back into the pillows getting comfortable to read.

Duke watched me as I settled before he lowered his head into my lap, shifting his bum round. 

When the boys both disappeared downstairs I knew it wouldn't be long until they came back up and started to grumble at me. 

I decided to get out of bed and pad downstairs in my dressing gown and let them out. I put two slices of toast into the toaster and flipped the kettle on. I turned the TV on in the living room and loaded up The Last of Us before going back to my toast. 

The boys rushed back in and I realised it had started to rain. I closed the back door and spread butter onto my toast and made myself a peppermint tea. 

I could hear the boys eating their breakfast while I sat on the sofa and took crunching bites of my toast. 

I sat there for a while and then got up to get dressed and get a few jobs done.

I realised I should wait for the rain to fade before trying to take the boys out and I decided to head into town and have a wander. Ellie's birthday is coming up soon and I had decided to make her a pamper basket so she can hopefully get a few moments to treat herself around being a fabulous mum.

I pulled my hood over my head and walked out into the rain.

Town was quiet and I enjoyed walking around with so few people about. I had my headphones on and kept missing that people were greeting me as I headed into shops.

I managed to get a little hamper basket for the EACH charity shop and picked out some self care products I knew she liked to use. 

I also treated myself to some fancy fluffy socks and a bag I had been eyeing up for a while.

I headed home after grabbing a sandwich from the bakery and threw the boys the small scraps of chicken I had saved for them as I walked in the door.

I decided it was best to head out with the boys while I still had my coat and boots on and they were keen to head out. 

We wandered around the town and I kept my eyes to the clouds the whole time, watching them dark and taunting as they trailed across the sky.

When we got home it took me barely a second to decide I was going to put my pyjamas on, snuggle up on the sofa and find a movie to enjoy for the afternoon.

I found a small individual size bag of sweets and salty popcorn and made myself a hot chocolate before I climbed onto the sofa.

As I scrolled the movies on offer I saw Street Dance and clicked it immediately. I snuggled down and it wasn't long before Duke climbed up onto the sofa awkwardly to lay over me and Chester laid on the dog bed by the sofa and promptly fell asleep.