Thursday 14th March

This morning I was up early and out the door before it was light to travel to an external meeting. 

I always get really bad anxiety about travelling and being late and so I left early to factor in traffic. 

I got to Braintree and pulled into McDonald's. I got a bacon and cheese flatbread and a hash brown and went back to my car to eat. 

I put my podcast on and ate breakfast and as I opened my phone I saw Tinder sitting in the corner and just shrugged and opened it up and started swiping. 

I slipped a guy called Christian right and it popped up as a match. I smiled to myself a little because he was beautiful.

I slipped a few more times and switched back to Instagram to just scroll on my for you page until I needed to get to the office.

As I parked at the office my phone chimed and when I glanced it was Tinder. 

‘So how does this work, are we married now?’ 

I laughed out loud. 

‘I think so. Should probably plan the honeymoon 🏝️’ 

‘I like your style. The Caribbean, Mexico or Italy? Ladies choice.’ 

I smiled at my phone and realised I should go in. After I got past reception I quickly replied while I waited for the lift.

‘Road trip through Italy? Pasta for breakfast, please.’ 

‘Anything your heart desires…’

I smiled and tucked my phone into my pocket and knocked on the door for the meeting. 

I managed to get through the meeting and got back down to the car before I checked my phone again.

‘So what are the plans? Relaxing on the beach or sightseeing?’ 

I closed my screen and drove home thinking about my response.

I took the boys out and spent the whole time messaging with Christian. I got back and got myself ready for boxing and headed out. I sent another message to Christian before I got out of the car and walked into box.

Amanda and Helen were stood together with their arms stretched out straight and down both looking at their phones from afar.

“Are you guys alright?” I asked slowly as I put my gear down.

“Just trying to show Helen the Facebook page for the town hall.” Amanda replied.

“What are you guys doing?” Kim said as she walked in a moment later. I looked over at Cara and we both started laughing. 

Cara announced that we were starting the warm up with the reactions punching and we all turned to look at Georgia. She pulled a face as if to say I'm innocent.

I was in the group that punched first and when Cara started to call the numbers quicker, out the corner of my eye I saw Georgia's arms throw down.

When we stopped I turned to her.

“Was there a little paddy?” And I did the arm motion I thought I saw.

She nodded and looked down. 

“I got confused and then sort of just frozen. Like when there's too many tabs open and it just stops working.” 

We carried on and learnt more about moving our partners. We had bands around our legs to work on our footwork at the same time and there were a few pauses as we thought about our next steps.

When we were told we could take our bands off we all waddled over to the bar where we put our things and then took the bands off.

“I love that none of us took the bands off there and all walked here to then take them off.” I pointed out and laughed.

Amanda turned to look at me and then to the middle of the room.

“Oh yeah.” She shook her head and took the band down.

After boxing when I got back into the car I saw I had two messages from Christian. 

I replied and drove home, I quickly showered and although my intention was to read in bed I ended up just messaging back and forth with Christian until I literally fell asleep.