Wednesday 27th March

I worked from home today and when I took the boys out on a walk at lunchtime I ran into Charles. He was on his way home with Percy and were just passing my door as I stepped out.

“Hello Charles. Percy. How are you both?” I said as I locked the door behind me.

“Hello love. Boys. We are both good thank you, although Percy seems to have some hay fever, or so the vet said.” Charles looked down at Percy as he spoke.

“Oh poor boy. Did they say he can have antihistamines?” 

“Oh yes. I hide them in his C.H.E.E.S.E.” as he spelt the word out he held his hand over his mouth from the side. Obviously, so Percy didn't catch on.

“Oh that's alright then. Poor little Percy.” All three boys were happily sniffing each other. Duke and Chester had laid down and Percy was right next to them. All at eye height now.

“That fella who bought your flowers round seems nice.” 

“Oh you saw him? There wasn't a note. I've been on a few dates with him, he is so sweet. His name is Christian.”

“His dogs are a bit happy though. Didn't like being left in the car I imagine although it was for such a short amount of time.” 

I looked at Charles digesting what he had just said.

“Sorry Charles. He had dogs with him?” 

“Yes? Two spaniels of some sort I believe.” He crinkled his eyebrows together and looked directly into my soul. “That's not Christian I assume then?” Charles asked slowly.

“No…” I said slowly and drawn out. I quickly told Charles about Ethan and Poppy and Penny down the woods the other day.

“I don't know how he knows where I live though.” I looked around me feeling a bit off. 

“Don't worry love. I'll keep an eye out as well. He won't get past us.” He stood up a little straighter and smiled at me with determination in his eyes.

“Thanks Charles. I'd better let you go in, out of this chill. I'll see you soon.” 

Charles nodded and we headed off on the walk.

There's a sharp breeze in the air and zip my coat right up to the top to stop the breeze going down my neck. 

The boys run around as if the wind isn't picking up and trying to blow me over and they have a mad moment but they just started to run full out in circles. One chasing the other and then vice versa.

When I finished work I committed myself to a dance workout video and hopped into the shower.

I made myself some soup for dinner (well heated up from a tin), because I absolutely could not be bothered to cook and I plonked myself down on the sofa and watched the new episode of Grey's Anatomy. Then Station 19.

When it finished I tidied up around the house and locked all the doors. I looked at the flowers unsure. Uneasy.

I put some music on in the background but grabbed my book to read until my eyelids grew heavy and I dragged myself up to bed.