Wednesday 7th February

I was in the office today and it was really busy. There were people in and out all day and it was nice to have people wandering around chatting all day.

Despite the rain yesterday, today is clear and bright. The sun is peeping around some thin light clouds as they drift across the sky.

The temperature in the office is always off and so with all the people in the office it was like a sauna. So naturally I was heading out on my break. I decided I would have a walk around town rather than cycle around the country park to avoid the muddy splash back I would definitely get up my legs.

I slipped my coat on, wrapped my scarf around my neck and grabbed my bag. The wind whipped my face as I stepped outside.

I walked into town, quickly losing my breath to the chill. I opened the door to St Elizabeth's Hospice charity shop, the little bell singles and the warm air flushed my face.

I actually really enjoy being outside when it's chilly, but going in and out if the hot and cold definitely messes with my body.

I wandered around the charity shop, flicking through the clothes, scanning the book shelves and scanning the knick knacks for treasures.

I picked up The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary. I read The Road Trip recently and fell in love with her writing style so this was a no brainer when I spotted it.

I walked around to the British Heart Foundation charity shop and had a rummage around the racks. I didn't find anything so left, saying goodbye to the volunteer there.

I then ducked into The Dogs Trust charity shop. I straight away laid eyes on a beautiful blue raincoat that had a soft, not fluffy but soft curly trim around the bottom, the cuffs and pockets.

I checked the size.
I checked the price.

£45.

For a secondhand coat.

I looked at the label again to check I hadn't misread it and no. I looked at the label in the jacket and I didn't recognise the brand.

I solemnly place it back on the rack and turned to look around. I did manage to find a beautiful red frame which had delicate gold colour leaves around the very edge and I picked up a candle that was tea tree and lavender in a blue glass container.

As I paid and left the store I lovingly glanced back over to the coat.

I got home that evening and took the boys out around town with my friend Holly and her labrador.

“So I went to the door. And there was James, still in his uniform and a little bit red in the face.” I said.

“He came to check on you. That's so sweet.” Holly replied, glancing at me then back at Clover.

“I know. And then he stayed…” I let it trail off, implicating with my tone.

“In his uniform?” Holly stopped and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Well… he half stripped…” Holly's jaw dropped and I laughed at her.

“Well that puts my love life to shame.”

“I don't think buying a house with your fiancé is really a bad thing.” I said watching her. She shrugged and smiled at me.

We said our goodbyes and Holly and Clover went back towards home and me and the boys headed back towards our home.

I got in and fed the boys before starting dinner for myself. I decided on a chicken burger with the frozen burgers I have in the freezer and I made a little salad to go with it.

I settled down with My Life with the Walter Boys and had some strawberries after.I thoroughly enjoyed today's love.