Thursday 18th January

Today work was good. We had the team meeting where everyone comes to one office and we talk about everything we are working on for a few hours and it's really nice.

I also made myself a chicken and spinach pitta which was leftovers from some lunch earlier on in the week and it was actually so nice.
It's funny how something so simple can have such a positive impact on the day!

It was also boxing day today. Every Thursday for about 4 years has automatically had love and joy because I go and box with the girls.

I initially went with a friend and so that's how I actually started going. Emma suggested it.
Very quickly you feel welcome and have a good laugh with the ladies that are there, so when Emma hurt her shoulder and had to take some time off I still went.

Tonight the extra joy was that Vic, who is hilariously uncoordinated, realised she couldn't skip. Not with a rope, just skipping.
So in-between sets we were all skipping around her and trying to figure out the best way to explain skipping.
To start with she wasn't really moving her legs she was just jumping. Then she was jumping up and down sort of in a lunge position.

Every time someone told her something else to try and she did we all burst out laughing.

“Can I actually not skip?” She asked again, shocked.

“Oh Vic.” Kim said to her, covering her face as she laughed.

“I think we need to include skipping in the warm ups for Vic to practise.” I said as we got ready for another round of punching.

As we packed at the end we all chatted about our week and what has been happening and I left feeling good, both physically and mentally.

Don't ever change girls.