Sunday 18th February

James left early to go to work and I laid in bed for a while after he left reading. Until the boys loudly informed me that it was time for breakfast. 

As I was toasting some crumpets and the boys were wolfing down their biscuits my phone dinged. 

‘Please tell me you're free today! I need help dress shopping!’ 

‘Of course! Pick me up at 10?’

I ate my crumpets and took the boys out before getting ready to go out with Abbie. 

I decided on my purple and green check trousers, a black jumper layered with a black jacket and some trainers. 

A horn honked and I grabbed my bag to dash out to Abbie. 

“Okay. So game plan? What's the colour theme for the wedding? Is there a dress code? What are we looking for?” 

“Fuck! Should I have asked Issac about all this?” 

“I'm sure we can figure it out.” I laughed shaking my head. 

Abbie got us parked and we headed into the shops. I was going to ask where she wanted to go first, but Abbie hooked her arm with mine and we were off. 

We walked into Ted Baker and found the row of dresses. I found a floral a-line dress and held it up for Abbie. 

She looked at it and shook her head. It went like this for 10 minutes before she eventually took 3 dresses into the changing room.

Every dress she stepped out in I complimented and bigged up, because they genuinely all looked great. But she stood in front of me in the third dress shaking her head. 

“I mean if I find nothing else this one will do. But let's go to next.” She said as she disappeared back behind the curtain.

The same situation played out again in Next and when she got changed again I suggested lunch.

We wandered around to see the options for lunch but as soon as I found the Yo Sushi I ran for a seat and Abbie quickly followed.

“James leaves soon… doesn't he?” Abbie said slowly and gently.

“Yeah. In a week.” I paused for a moment, thinking. “It actually seems stupid that we are spending so much time together now. I'll miss him more. But I want to spend the time with him!” Abbie watches me carefully and nodded.

“I suppose you guys are still in the honeymoon phases anyway. I really didn't think you'd be into him, but you guys are super cute.” I made sounds of agreement and sighed loudly.

“So tell me more about Issac. Has there been any more flirting?” I turned and raised my eyebrow at her.

“Oh yeah. He's stayed round a few times now as well. He's so sweet, but also dominating and he's so fit. Which I mean he should be, he's always in the gym.” I laughed as Abbie shook her head thinking about going to the gym everyday. 

We finished lunch and headed back out dress shopping. I spotted TKMaxx and asked if we could pop on. 

I head over to look at the plant pots while Abbie heads round to look at the dresses and when I found her again she was holding one slightly out of the rack, gently stroking the material of the skirt.

“Abbie?” 

“Alice. It's the one. It's definitely going to be the one.” I watched as she lifted it off the rack and followed her into the changing room.

She pushed back the curtain and stepped out in front of me.

“Abbie. You look beautiful. It definitely is the one”. It was a silky light green dress, that hugged her chest with a cowl neck, hugged her down to her curves and then flicked out slightly at her hips, falling to her knees.

She did a spin and surveyed herself in the mirror.

When she turned back to me she was beaming. 

“I mean I think he likes me already but in this…”

“He won't be able to keep his hands off you.” I finished for her. She changed and we headed out to the shoes. Might as well have a look now. 

In the process of finding Abbie her dress and wedding accessories, I found two plant pots, a coat and a pair of trainers.

We did a little more wandering around the rest of the shops before we headed back to the car.

Abbie dropped me off at home and I put everything down outside before opening the door to avoid the boys crashing into everything.

Because they needed a walk, I decided we would go the long way to the Chinese and then home.

I got some special fried rice, chilli pepper squid and honey roast pork and we walked home with a little more speed.

I fed the boys and collapsed onto the sofa to eat my dinner. I flicked through Disney+ and found 10 Things I Hate About You.

Eventually I went up to bed, read for a little bit and then settled down for sleep.