Friday 8th March

I worked a half day today because I had to go to the dentist.

I got shivers just thinking about it now even though its already happened.

As soon as I finished work I was nervous for the dentist. I hate them. Always have and I think I always will.

My childhood dentist was nasty and when I was having my first ever filling I went back in and sat in his chair. He poked an instrument into my gums and said ‘can you feel anything?’ to which I replied. ‘Yes. That hurt.’ He poked again while looking into my mouth. ‘No the anaesthetic would have worked by now’, and proceeded to give me a filing while I could feel the whole thing.

Not a good memory.

So naturally, after the dentist I decided I should reward myself for being so brave. Although only just brave because I did ask my mum to go with me which she lovingly did. 

We left the dentist and as we walked through town I gestured to the bookstore. I do my best to find independent bookshops so don't shoot me but we went into Waterstones.

I thought quickly about what I should buy and I headed over to the fancy covers section and looked at the material ones. I decided on Alice in Wonderland which has a white material cover that has pink flamingos all over the cover.

Mum picked up a cookbook she had been after and I paid for it as a thank you for coming with her adult daughter to the dentist. 

We then headed for lunch. I was starving, having not eaten since breakfast for the benefit of the dentist.

You're welcome Luma. 

(Who is a very lovely woman and is always considerate and tells me more about what's happening and is always checking on me).

We decided on this little Italian bakery and found a table by the window so we could people watch.

Not that I drive to, I suppose it's a city, or maybe a large town, much. Only really for the dentist and large high street shopping requirements, but I stop in here every time for a little cannoli or other sweet treat they offer.

I got a jacket potato with chicken and bacon mayo and a side salad. Mum got a caesar salad with some garlic bread. 

We were being good with the main part of lunch to indulge a little on dessert.

We chose a selection of cannolis and other little offerings and ate them with a hot chocolate each.

I dropped mum off on the way home and then took the boys out when I got back.

I then started getting ready to see Callum again. I knew he was bringing the bike so I started looking at my nicer trousers to find something suitable and found my flowy black trousers and paired it with a green floral crop top and my green leopard doc martens.

I heard Callum arrive and was opening the door before he was even off the bike.

I hopped onto the back of the bike and settled in close to him. He patted my hands where they met around his chest and we were off. I didn't know where we were going and it wasn't long before the road we were on was no longer familiar. The sun was still shimmering on the horizon and the light filtered through the trees all around us like a disco ball.

Callum started to slow down and I was looking around confused, there didn't seem to be anything here. But as we rounded the bend this cute little pub appeared, lit up and covered in the branches of a huge wisteria.

“Oh wow.” I said as I lifted the helmet off and Callum smiled at me.

We headed in and it was politely busy, there were people but the atmosphere was slightly hushed. 

Dinner was absolutely delicious and we talked and talked about absolute utter rubbish the whole time.

“So when did you start riding?” I asked.

“I actually got a moped when I was 16 and it was shit. But it did the job and got me around. So as soon as I could I got something bigger. And then again and then it was like an addiction. I mean it kind of still is. I just love it.”

“Were or are you ever worried about riding? Like it's more risky than a car?” I'm genuinely curious and realised I stopped eating with my fork half way between my plate and my mouth while I was listening to him. I took the bite 

“I think you have to be more aware as a rider than just a driver but the thrill is worth it. Don't you agree?” He cocked his eyebrow at me.

“I do actually. I enjoy it more than I thought.” I admitted.

“You'll have to have a go at riding by yourself.” 

“Woah I don't know…” he looked at me with a mischievous grin and I just shook my head at him and smiled. I moved the conversation on and he went along with it, it seemed.

“Go on, have a go.” He said and gestured towards the bike when we stood in the car park to leave.

I looked at him and back to the bike. I doubt he saw my expression clearly as I had already put the helmet on. 

He patted the seat and looked to me.

I slowly walked over and threw my leg over the bike. He talked me through it and I was adamant he needed to first explain how to stop safely before anything else.

He steadied the bike for me and got me ready.

"Fuck yes you did it!" He exclaimed. He was smiling widely.

"Only for like a second." I laughed, having barely gone anywhere.

"It was long enough to be hot." He whispered close to my ear, his voice deeper as he spoke it slowly.

"I'm determined now to properly ride. You've started something.” I said to him and he stepped back and gestured to the road in front of me. 

I grinned at him and turned as if I was going to go again. Then I took my hands off the handlebars and laughed.

“That's enough for today… even though sitting here looking pretty isn't really the goal." I pretended to flick my hair.

Callum laughed and looked down shaking his head. He geared up and I took up my position against his back.

We got back to mine and Callum took off his helmet before helping me off with mine. I stood close to his right side while he still straddled the bike. 

“That helmet hair.” He said to me as he sat it on his lap.

I reached a hand up quickly but he grabbed it before it went to my head. He used his hold to pull me closer to him and his other hand went round to the back of my neck.

I stepped right up to him and his lips found mine. Hard and fast. He kissed me as if he'd held back for so long. His lips pushed against mine and his tongue wet the edge of my bottom lip gently amidst the ernest. 

I felt his body move slightly but his lips never moved from mine. His hands slipped down my back and suddenly he had pulled me up and onto the bike in front of him. 

He pulled back and surveyed my face for a moment. Then he kissed me again. And I thought he was holding back the first time.

I don't know how long we were there but it felt like forever and a second all at the same time when he pulled away. He ran his hands through my hair gently and then helped me off the bike.

He walked me to the door and kissed me gently before he just stood and looked at me for a moment.

“Goodnight Callum.” I gently touched his chest and opened the door and slipped inside.

I sighed heavily and leant against the door for a second. The boys were pushing against my legs and I greeted them before wandering into the kitchen for a glass of water and grabbing them each a treat.

Woah.