Thursday 29th February

Today I took myself out for a walk at lunch. It wasn't a particularly nice day, but it was dry and I just needed the fresh air.

I walked down towards the river and was surprised it was so quiet. The track is normally a hub for dog walkers, but there was no one about today. 

I didn't make it far along the river walk when I found the reason for the quiet. The river bank had burst and the path was fairly flooded. I stood watching a couple of ducks drift along the surface of the water across the park. 

After they drifted back onto the main river and swam away I turned back around and headed back to the office. 

I got home and got the boys ready for a walk. We headed out and I decided to head around the park, hoping it wasn't so boggy. The boys went rushing off as soon as I unclipped their leads and I followed slowly behind them. 

Nobody else was around and Duke came running towards me with a stick. As soon as I picked it up he started to bark, which caused Chester to run over and join in the bark serenade.

I threw the stick. A lot. You know how fetch works. 

The boys would either crash together in their pursuit of the stick, or one of them would get there first and the other would try and wrestle it back.

When I got them home I threw together some leftovers and popped a potato in the microwave for a jacket potato.

I dashed into the hall when I arrived at boxing as the heavens had opened up. Vic and Amanda were already there.

“Hey chick.” Amanda said as I walked in.

The warm up we started with was reactive punching where Cara calls a number which we associate with a punch and we have to do it as quickly as possible.

She started calling the numbers slowly and I was punching with Amanda. I heard some giggling and foolishly tried to look up in between numbers. Georgia and Jess were no longer punching and were just bent over laughing.

After Cara called the last number we all turned to look at them.

“She was doing this.” Jess said and started to fling her arms around a bit wildly and she closed her eyes. We all started laughing and Georgia went bright red.

“If we start with 2 I'm just lost.” She laughed.

“Okay we're starting with Jeff. So everyone get ready. It's squat pulses, then push ups.” Cara said.

Helen looked around the room confused.

“I don't think you've met Jeff yet Helen.” 

“Who's Jeff?” The music had started and I held a finger up to Helen and looked slightly towards the ceiling.

“Get ready. I'll count you in…” a male voice spoke over the music.

“That's Jeff.” Vic called and Helen started to laugh.

We all started squat pulsing.

“Imagine you're sitting down onto a stall.” Cara called and she checked everyone's posture.

“Or your pulsing over your husband.” Vic said and winked when I looked over to her laughing.

Everyone started laughing and Cara shouted alongside Jeff to make sure we swapped exercise. 

When we stretched, we did a roll down and if you have never done one I highly recommend them. Bend your knees slightly, tuck your chin to your chest and start rounding your shoulders so you are folded in half your head and arms just hanging down loose.

Then bend your knees slightly more and roll up slowly. Lifting your arms over your head to fully stretch out.

As we stood from the first one.

“Oooo.” I looked up and Jess was making an ‘o’ with her mouth.

“Sorry.” She whispered when she realised we were looking at her.

I got home feeling great and jumped into the shower before getting into bed and having the boys jump up to lay with me.