Saturday 17th February

Today me and James decided we were going out to the makers market that was going to be in Southwold.

We decided to skip breakfast, in favour of stopping at the bakery there for some pastries before walking around the market.

We sat in and I had tea and James had a coffee with our pastries and we sat at the window and people watched, trying to guess their ages and where they are from. I don't really know where this came from but we laugh at each other's random suggestions and are shocked when we actually agree on a serious guess.

We wrapped ourselves back up to head outside, and James grabbed hold of my hand. We wandered along the street where all the stalls were lined up.

There was soap, candles, jewellery, bags, wooden creations and all sorts of food, confectionery, fudge, cheese, preserves. 

Every stall that offered a free sample I was straight over to. I tried every cheese on offer and was tempted into a creamy goats cheese and a truffle cheddar.

We wandered around a bit more and James brought a couple of beers and we both picked up a brownie to have after dinner later. 

We walked along the beach and up the pier and stood at the railing looking out at the water.

We didn't say anything as we stood looking across the sea. There was a cargo ship in the distance and there was a smaller boat bobbing in the water a little closer. The wind turbines were gently rotating on the horizon.

James put his arm round my shoulder and I lent into him for a moment before he pulled me into a tight hug. 

“When I come back to visit, can we come and stand here?” James said into my hair. 

“Every time.” I felt him laugh more than I heard it.

The boys went mental when we got in. They could certainly smell the beach on us. I pulled out the treats we got them and gave them to them before turning to change into my boots to walk them. 

“I got this for you.” James said as I turned and I looked up at him.

“What?” I took the little bag he was holding out to me and opened it. It was the small pair of green sea glass earrings I had been looking at.

“When did you go back for these?” I asked, looking up at him.

“When you went to the toilet before we left I nipped back and brought them.”

“I love them. Thank you so much.” I walked to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. We kissed, James holding me close to him.

We took the boys out for a walk through the woods, holding hands and chatting the whole time. 

We got back and the boys went to lay down and I headed into the kitchen to make dinner. We had brought a kit to make dumplings from Sainsbury's so I started grabbing out ingredients and putting them along the counter. 

“Ok, here's the flour.” As I turned to pass James the flour he must have stepped to me to get it at the same time. The flour bag was crushed between us and a puff of flour went into the air.

We looked at each other through the gaze and both burst out laughing. I put the bag onto the side and turned back to James. 

He looked at me, glowing from the laughter. Quick as lightning he had me sat on the counter, our mouths crushed together, my legs instinctively wrapped around him.

He lifted my top up over my head and I spluttered as more flour went all over my face. 

“Sorry.” James whispered, wiping the flour off my face with his thumb. I smiled at him and pulled him back to me. 

James’ top came off, causing another flurry of flour to fly into the air and sprinkle around us.

Dinner was temporarily delayed. 

We laid on the kitchen floor panting for a moment.

“I'm getting up. The floors freezing.” I said sitting up and looking around for my top. I couldn't find it so I grabbed James’ and slipped it over my head. I stood up and looked down at James who was leaning on his elbows.

“It looks much better on you than me.” He said, then got up.

I carried on making the dumplings and James did his best to clear up the flour. It was literally everywhere so no doubt I'll be cleaning it up for the weeks to come.

We had dinner sitting on the sofa with the TV on in the background. My whole body was fully turned towards James and he had his dinner on his lap but kept turning his head to look at me.

When we headed up to bed I was sat on the edge of the bed doing my moisturiser when James walked back into the bedroom and stopped watching me.

“I'm going to miss you.” He said it softly and I looked over at him stopping what I was doing. 

I stood up and he walked over to me. Wrapping his arms around me. After a moment he lifted me up, spun me around and then lowered me down onto the bed.