Sunday 24th March

I woke up and stretched myself out. After I laid scrolling for a little bit I let the boys out and put in a dance workout video to follow.

After the 45 minutes I was hot, sweaty and grinning.

I debated for a moment hopping into the shower but I decided to walk the boys in my workout gear and just get back into my pyjamas after a shower.

I grabbed my bag and got the boys ready and we headed out. The sun was shining but there was a fairly strong wind and so I decided against the woods and instead we headed to Woodbridge to walk along the river.

We popped to the cafe first and I got a breakfast sandwich and a tea to go and ate my sandwich as we walked along the river.

I had my coat on, zipped up and a pair of sunglasses which is always something that makes me laugh.

The boys dashed back and forth and met a few dogs on the way. In between the huge rushes of wind I could lightly feel the warmth of the sun on my face and every chance I could I turned my face to it.

We got back to the car and the boys had a treat each before they laid down for the journey.

I got home, showered and got straight back into my pyjamas, plonked myself onto the sofa with my sage green coloured blanket and opened my book.

I sat until I needed to get up to pee and on the way back to the sofa clocked the time and made some lunch.

I made sure that even in my pyjamas I looked presentable as I got out the wine glasses and prepped the nibbles for the girls to arrive.

Beth, true to her nature, arrived early and was greeted by the boys as she left herself in.

“I'm starving when is Abbie arriving with the pizza?” She said plonking down a bag that rattled.

“6 bottles Beth?” I said as I pulled a rosé out.

“Bit of everything.” She shrugged and popped a olive into her mouth, followed by some Doritos.

When the boys rushed back to the door I knew Abbie was arriving and I raced to the door to keep them away from the pizza she was carrying.

She made it in and I shut the boys in the living room with their treat toys and I joined the girls on the sofa.

“Ok the first order of business. Alice? What's the story? Heard from James?” Abbie said, promptly shoving pizza into her mouth afterwards.

I paused with my slice of pizza half way from the box to my mouth. Beth's head whipped around to look at me.

“Well…” I sighed and took a bite of pizza.

They both watched me eagerly and I swallowed the bite I'd taken.

“James is back at the end of the month and said I should come out with you lot and see him.” I gestured to Abbie and she nodded. “But I've been on two dates with this guy called Christian and he's sweet, I like him.” I took another bite of pizza.

The girls both nodded and looked at each other before having another bite of pizza.

“Are you going to sleep with James?” Beth asked.

“No.” They watched me in silence.

“No, I don't think we will. We're trying to be adults about it and I've started to see someone sort of.” I said it, slowly getting quieter.

They both made “mmm-hmm” noises.

“Well I'll let you know either way! Let's talk about you guys instead.” I slapped them both on their knees and they laughed.

We chatted, ate and drank for the rest of the evening and Beth and Abbie shared a cab as it started to get late.

I hadn't actually thought that far ahead about James. I still think about him but… I don't know.

Uh-oh.