Sunday 10th March

After the bake sale the other week I realised I still had a lot of ingredients that were just sitting in my cupboard.

I decided I could make some cupcakes and take them round to Tim's on the way to work tomorrow.

I put Alexia on and started getting everything out of the cupboards to line up along the counter what I would need for cakes. 

As I moved around the kitchen gathering equipment I was dancing along to the music. Clearly badly as Chester, who had been standing watching me, walked into the living room and hopped up onto the sofa.

When the cakes went into the oven I googled decorating cakes and saw loads of things pop up for icing flowers and leaves. After reading the ingredients list I decided I could have a go at that.

I looked in the cupboard and found that I had some pink and blue food colouring leftover from Ellie's baby showers which was perfect for a little range of flowers.

I fished around for some cocktail sticks and came across one floating at the bottom of the candles container and pulled it out to use to add details to the first flowers I had managed to shape from pink icing. 

I had my phone perched next to me and was looking closely at the video of a lady demonstrating how to shape the petals and draw the detail gently into the icing.

I pulled the cupcakes out and dotted them along the counter to cool down and continued with the flowers. I popped them all into the fridge. I looked back at the bombsite of the kitchen and turned the volume on Alexa up before pulling on my marigolds and getting to work.

When the kitchen was cleaned I headed out with the boys and we went down to the park. I was hoping it had dried out enough since the last rain that we wouldn't sink in the mud.

I watched as the boys ran onto the field from the gate and then slowly walked on. It was soft but not slippery and I threw the ball for them, watching them chase it, heads down, tails tucked for advanced streamline speed.

I got a notification and pulled out my phone hoping it would be Callum. It wasn't, it's some rubbish spam email telling me I needed to pay for a parcel that doesn't exist.

I put my phone away and tried to focus on the sun shining, the boys playing nicely together and the light breeze brushing across my face.

We got home and I hung everything up, washed my hands and got the icing flowers out of the fridge. 

I decorated the cupcakes and lined them up in my cake carrier thing. I put a few on a plate for Charles and a few on a plate for me.

I putine back into the fridge and headed over to Charles'.

“Hello love.” Charles said as he opened the door.

“Hello Charles. I've done a bit of baking today. Here.” I passed him the plate of cupcakes.

“Thank you. They look lovely. Would you like to come in for a tea?” He asked, looking from the cupcakes back up at me.

“I won't today. But thank you. I'll see you soon.” 

“Alright love. See you soon.” Charles slowly closed the door and I heard back to mine.

I did my jobs and got some washing hung on the airer before I made dinner and collapsed onto the sofa.

I text Beth and Abbie about Callum not replying.

‘I'm sure he's got a great reason. It's only been a day and a half…’ from Abbie.

‘What a dick ghosting you like that. Move on.’ from Beth.

I laughed a little and then sighed. I went up and had a shower, added a lavender steamer and just enjoyed being in the hot water for a little while.

I got myself ready for work tomorrow and sat back onto the sofa and ate my cupcake with a hot chocolate watching Friends.