Sunday 14th January

I texted my mum this morning and told her about my ankle and she immediately replied she was coming over and bringing food.

I knew she was here before she got to the door because the boys were sleeping in their beds and suddenly jumped up and walked over to the door.
There's a thin long window to the right of my front door and because they are so tall they can see straight out to the road.
They never bark when it's mum arriving. I think they must recognise something about her because they bark if it's anyone else.

“Oh Alice…” was the greeting she gave me. She put her bags down, shut the door and fussed the boys.

“Hey mum. You didn't have to come over. Thank you.” I adjusted on the sofa and she came to sit next to me and gave me a hug.

“I needed to come make sure the boys were going to be ok.” I laughed and Chester put his head on my mum's lap.

She took the boys out for me and then we had cheese and crackers and watched some movies together on the sofa.

“Well it sounds like he was an arse anyway. You deserve better…” mum said to me

“I know. I'm glad he showed his true colours early so I could sack him off. I had high hopes for him though…” I said glancing back to the movie we had playing.

Then we had Chinese for dinner before my mum literally put me to bed. (She helped me upstairs and sorted the boys out, which for an adult is being put to bed!)

“Thanks mum. Love you.” I said to her from my bed.

“Love you too sweetie. Sleep well… night boys.”

They lifted their heads and watched her leave and then looked back to me before curling up to sleep.