Saturday 2nd March

I woke up this morning and laid in bed for a moment, enjoying not having to rush to get up or have anything to stress about.

I started to think about James', and remembered waking up to him next to me last week.

I got out of bed. I decided to do a dance workout, before hopping in the shower and then heading down for breakfast.

I made camp on the sofa and decided I should rewatch Bridgerton, ahead of series 3 releasing soon. 

I decided to get out my mandalas colouring book and sat watching Bridgerton and colouring for a few hours. 

When I started to feel hungry I looked over to the boys and decided we deserved a treat. I went upstairs and got myself dressed and ready and as I started to pull my trainers on the boys sat at the door watching me, their tails wagging rapidly.

We got in the car and headed down to the beach. I parked out if town and we walked along the beachfront enjoying the sunshine. The breeze would whip across my face for a moment and then I could feel the slight warmth of the sun before the wind attacked again.

As we walked into town I eyed up the fish and chip shop and was happy to see it was quiet. 

I ordered a small cod and chips for myself and 2 unbattered sausages for the boys. When we got the little white parcel I tucked it under my arm and we headed to go and sit along the sea wall. 

The boys sat patiently by my feet as I ate my lunch and I slowly fed them pieces of sausage. We got up and continued to walk along the sea wall up towards the Martello tower where we did a lap around and then started walking back in the opposite direction. 

This time I decided it was time for a sweet treat and I nipped in to get an ice cream. I didn't get anything for the boys because they never eat doggy ice cream.

But as we passed I popped into the pet shop with them and they sniffed out a treat each and got a lot of fuss from the person working there. They also got a little biscuit each to eat while I was paying for their pigs ears.

We got back home and the boys got to dive into their pigs ears which kept them busy for most of the afternoon. 

I spent a lot of the afternoon getting chores done, dancing around to music as I went. I got the hoovering done, sorted out the washing, watered my plants, dusted (the worst job in the world).

I rewarded myself by flopping onto the sofa and pulling my phone out to scroll on Instagram for a little bit.

When the boys started whining because they needed to go out into the garden, I got up and let them out and decided to grab my trainers and try to finish the floral design I have been embroidering.

It's one of those things that takes a lot of concentration and time but I find it very very relaxing. I popped Bridgerton back on and settled back into the sofa.

I still hadn't finished the embroidery but was getting hungry and got up and made a burger salad for dinner which was delicious. 

After dinner I had a shower and played with the boys while I was drying, playing tug with Chester when he brought his rope over and throwing monkey for Duke across the landing.

When they laid on the bed panting I put my pyjamas on and climbed back onto the sofa and pulled my book out.

I sat reading right up until bed. I walked round the house locked the door and headed up to bed. I read for a little bit more before tucking under the cover.