Wednesday 14th February

I woke up this morning to my alarm and rolled into James for one last cuddle before getting out of bed.

He mumbled something into the pillows but didn't actually wake up.

I got ready for work and left the basket and the flowers on the side for him to see. 

I headed to work and found that the office facilities team had put a few pink heart balloons around the office and there was a selection of pink treats in the kitchen with a little sign saying happy valentine's day. 

I picked up a pink yum yum doughnut and went to my desk. I only grabbed it now for lunch later because I don't want the good stuff to go as people start to come in. 

Liz arrived and I handed her a chocolate heart lolly I found in Tesco the other day. She laughed and pulled out of her bag the same thing.

“Great minds think alike.” I said as we swapped the lollies. She laughed and blew a little kiss in my direction.

Liz and I sat and had our lunch together and she asked about my plans with James for the night.

“All I have been told is I need to be ready for 7 and he's booked us somewhere.” Liz made an ooo noise. “So I brought some new underwear and I got him some flowers, some beer and some sweets he likes.” 

“Wow. Sounds like it'll be a good evening then. I will be at home with Mr Jones and he will certainly have forgotten and we will have dinner in companionable silence again. The first year we won't have the kids to distract us.” He said despondently. 

“You never know. You might get a chocolate heart.” I said holding up my own. 

I don't know Liz's husband very well, but a couple of weeks ago he came to pick her up because she had a problem with her car and I mentioned valentine's to him. So hopefully he got the hint and has done something nice for her. 

I'll find out I suppose.

I got in from work and the house was quiet. I looked around and it felt really odd that there were no dogs running to greet me. I dropped my bag in the hall cupboard and walked into the kitchen. 

I put the kettle on to make a tea and heard the door open. The boys came crashing into me and I only stayed standing because I was stood up against the counter. 

“Hello you two.” 

“Hey. I thought we would be back before you.” I went over to James and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Did you walk the boys so I didn't have to?” I said and then kissed him. As I pulled away slightly he pulled me back into him and we kissed deeply for a moment.

“Happy valentine's day.” He said, his breath tickling my face. I said it back to him and then he ordered me to go and get ready for dinner. 

“Oh Alice.” I stopped on the stairs and turned to him. 

“Thank you for the flowers… I've never been given flowers before.” I smiled at him and he just smiled back. I blew him a kiss which he proceeded to grab out of the air and I went upstairs to change.

I slipped on the teddy lingerie I bought and looked at myself in the mirror. I normally hate looking at myself and actually do it less and less. 

So today I looked. I looked at my legs, which have always been my favourite part of myself. Then I looked at my stomach, and the little pouch sitting at the bottom, I ran my hand across it and then up between my breasts.

“You look… amazing.” I spun to see James standing in the doorway. 

“I think so too.” I looked back at myself for a moment before turning and picking up my dress. “This was supposed to be a surprise… now you have to sit through dinner thinking about it.” I said teasingly. 

“We could skip dinner…” he said as I dropped the dress over my head. As I got it settled he walked slowly towards me and stopped the dress going past my hips.

“Oh no… you spoiled your surprise! Now you're going to have to wait!” I removed his hands and slipped the dress in position, accessorised quickly and grabbed my bag.

We headed out for dinner and chatted in the car about what James had done all day. It turned out not a lot, but seeing that he'll be busy packing and moving soon, I could understand why he had a slow day.

We arrived at a little restaurant which looked like it was glowing. I opened the car and could hear gentle Mexican music streaming through the open door.

I looked over at James and he just gestured for me to go ahead. We walked in and we're shown to a little table by the window. 

The food was amazing. They were doing a set valentine's menu and we had nachos to start, with a huge variety of sauces all in various little pots and toppings we could add ourselves.

Then we had a selection of enchiladas, tostadas and a dish called mole with a selection of sides.

Honestly everything was so delicious. Literally the best enchiladas I have ever eaten. 

Then we shared tres leches cake. I held my fork with a mouthful on out to James and he took it off my fork, looking at me the whole time. I ran my foot up and down his leg and licked a small but if cream off my finger. 

“You. Are. A. Very. Bad. Girl.” He said slowly watching me.

“Are you going to arrest me, officer?” 

“Absolutely.” His voice was deep and he winked at me as he sat back in his chair, looking me up and down.

I don't think I need to go into detail on how the rest of the evening went. 

I was arrested…