Tuesday 27th February

This morning I woke up and decided to do some yoga. I hadn't actually packed anything with that in mind, so in my pyjamas, I loaded up a video on my phone and started in a seat on the floor.

I then proceeded to get dressed and head downstairs to have breakfast.

I put my headphones on and listened to the Toni and Ryan Podcast while I enjoyed a full English with a glass of apple juice and a glass of water.

The training course was held in one of the hotel's conference rooms and was actually really interesting and informative and went by so fast.

I dashed to the train station to catch the train and quickly got myself settled against the window.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out.

‘I finished it… I didn't predict that happening! Callum.’ 

‘Me either. My issue being, I suspect everyone and keep switching back and forth throughout.’ 

‘Would you have believed me if I said I figured it out when she initially dismissed him?’ I laughed aloud and then considered this.

‘Probably…’ 

‘Damn, I missed a chance to show off.’ 

We chatted back and forth and I found out he was visiting his brother in Peterborough for a few days but he actually lives in Kesgrave. Not a million miles from me.

Before I knew it we were pulling into Peterborough where I needed to change trains.

When I settled onto the train again, I checked my phone but hadn't had anything more from Callum yet. I quickly texted my mum an eta, she was picking me up from the station, bless her, before tucking my phone in my pocket and pulling out The Mobsters Lament.

I checked my phone as the train slowly approached the station and found another message from Callum.

‘Can I take you out Friday?’ 

I looked at the message while I stood waiting for mum. I argued to myself the reasons I should go, I need to move on from James, I vowed to put myself out there this year, he's nice. I argued with myself against it, you don't really know him, is it too early to move on from James, what if he murders me?

I decided to throw caution to the wind and agree. I decided we could talk more through the rest of the week and on Friday we can arrange to meet there or maybe he can pick me up from mine.

“Hey mum.” I'd thrown my bags into the back and as I got in I leaned across and wrapped my arms around her.

“Hey sweetie. How was it?” 

“Yeah good actually. How were the boys?” I clipped in my seatbelt and mum pulled out of the station.

“They were good. I'm sure they'll be excited to see you.” She glanced over and smiled at me.

Mum dropped me off at mine and headed home, she has work tomorrow morning, and she starts early. 

The boys had come to the window by the door the moment they heard mum's car and they just stood watching me as I walked up to the door pulling my keys out of my pocket. 

As soon as I opened the door just a crack Duke was trying to push through it to get to me. I opened the door the rest of the way slowly and managed to get into the hallway with my bags. Once I could get the door closed around the boys I dropped to my knees and fussed them.

Duke barrelled into me and almost knocked me over while Chester came over to stand by me and just started sniffing me. He presses his nose right against my arm and I can hear him taking in the scents.

“I haven't been around any other dogs, I promise you.” I said aloud to them as I tickled them both behind the ear.

I grabbed them out a treat each and put them in the bedroom just so I could have a quick shower before hopping into bed.

‘Hey, I've just finished shift, how are you?’ I looked at the message from Abbie. 

‘I’m ok. I actually have a date Friday.’ 

‘Yes queen! I can't wait for that debrief! Here if you need me xx’ I smiled at my phone before putting on my bedside table and turning onto my belly to sleep.