Friday 22nd March

I woke up this morning and reached over to grab my phone. I'd booked today off a little while ago just to have a me day and I sighed happily when I remembered I could just lay on bed and not get up.

I laid for a while scrolling on my phone, ultimately only getting up when the boys hassled me. 

I plodded down stairs pulling a cardigan on and opened the back door for the boys to go out. I stood watching them and put my hands on my hips when they dashed back and forth for a good minute before actually squatting.

“If you were that desperate you'd poop first.” I whispered to myself and went into the kitchen for breakfast. 

I decided to make myself a bacon and hash brown wrap as a day off treat and put music on. Morgan Wallen was first on the list and I told Alexa to turn it up. 

My latest music obsession if you couldn't tell. 

While the hash browns were in the grill I fed the boys and wiped down the kitchen, dancing around as I did.

I ate breakfast watching a Friends re-run, the boys practically sitting on my lap hoping I dropped something.

I hadn't given much thought to what I would do today before today and so I contemplated for a moment and decided to get my paints out.

I spread them out across the table and pulled out my watercolour sketch pad. 

I sat by the window and contemplated for a moment what to paint. My gaze fell to the garden and with the slight signs of spring I decided on some flowers.

I certainly got absorbed into the colours and the patterns and only stopped when my stomach started to protest at its emptiness.

I made a salad for lunch and just as I sat onto the sofa to eat my phone beeped. 

‘Looking forward to this evening. I hope your dancing shoes are ready…’ 

Christian had added a wink and I smiled at the phone. Dancing eh?

‘I might step on your toes. I'm a little rusty.’ 

‘I’m sure I'll survive. See you at 6.’ 

When I finished eating I grabbed the boys and we headed down to the beach for a walk. The wind was ferocious and I pulled my coat zip up all the way to the top, just covering my chin.

When we got in I looked at the time and decided it was the time to shower and start getting ready for tonight.

I pulled out a selection of dresses from my wardrobe and surveyed them while I was still in my towel.

Dancing.

I decided on a blue flowy shift dress, a pair of small heels and a little bag. 

Christian arrived in a taxi and opened the door for me to slide in before sliding in after me.

He wouldn't tell me where we were going but after only a few moments of small talk the taxi pulled over.

I got out at the promenade which was a hive of activity. There were strong bulb lights going between the street light poles and there was music coming from somewhere nearby.

I turned to Christian with a question on my face.

“It's a country music at the beach event.” He gestured ahead of himself, proud.

“Oh wow.” I grabbed his hand and started to pull him towards the hubbub. 

There were food trucks and pop up pubs. There was someone on the stage singing and there was a small dancing area across the pathway.

As we peered around the singer changed.

“Oh my god I love this song! Come on!” I exclaimed and pulled Christian along with me. 

We started to dance and slowly the dance floor filled as others joined as they wandered by.

We danced for another two songs before Christian decided we should get drinks and we headed over to the pub tent, managing to just claim a seat as someone jumped up to dance.

“This is so fun.” 

“I thought you might like it. It's only for the weekend so I thought we should come down!” Christian grinned at me over his glass.

We went back to dance some more after we had finished our drinks before deciding it was time for some food.

We had loaded fries for a truck and grabbed some more drinks and found a little bench just out the way of the event.

We sat and chatted for a while before dancing until the event closed.

“Oh my gosh that was amazing!” I said dancing still as we walked along to get a taxi.

“It was. You're beautiful, just so free and happy.” 

I winked at him as I spun around again moving closer to him. He grabbed hold of me and pulled me into a slow dance position and we started to spin round as we continued to move forward.

He dipped me and pulled me up slowly. Our faces only centimetres apart.

We looked at each other. He was reading everything on my face and I looked between his eyes to his lips.

He kissed me gently and pulled me closer together.

Our lips pulled apart but our faces remained pressed close together. 

A taxi beeped and we jumped, realising how close we had got to the road.

We hopped into the taxi and I could feel myself blushing.

He didn't kiss me again.