Sunday 28th January

This morning I forced myself to have a slow morning.

On a Sunday I normally like to get up early and get all my jobs done as quickly as possible to enjoy the rest of the day.

But today I decided to be slower.

I laid in bed for a little while, scrolling on Instagram. The need for the toilet got me out of bed and the boys followed me downstairs for breakfast. When I opened the curtains the sun was shining bright and the sky was cloudless light blue.

I opened the back door slightly and sat at the table with my crumpets, the sound of the boys scoffing their biscuits joining the melody of bird song in the background.

I finished my breakfast and then started on the chores. Luckily on Friday I did some of the chores early and actually it only took me just over an hour to get myself and the house ready for the week.

I put my hair mask in my hair and then got out my embroidery stuff. I have a pair of white off brand converse and have wanted to sew some little flowers and leaves across the sides for a while now.

I went straight online to try and find some little designs I could use as a basis and grabbed my blue tailors chalk to start outlining petals.

I had the TV on in the background but very quickly got absorbed in the embroidery.
By the time I had finished a few flowers I looked up and some day time rubbish was playing. I looked at the time and found it was 2pm.

I went up stairs and jumped into the shower, adding a lavender shower steamer while I undressed.

I got out and grabbed a packet of crisps and sat and dried my hair before getting the boys ready for a walk.

We headed down to the beach and I stopped and we stopped at the pet shop and grabbed the boys a large beefy biscuit bone each and then we stopped to pick me up an ice cream.

There was a strong wind that intermittently blew, but in between it was calm and I could feel the warmth the sun was trying to throw at us.

We got back and I set myself a timer so I could do some more embroidery before needing to stop and make dinner and prepare myself for work tomorrow.

The timer went off in the middle of a flower and so I kept adding time until it was finished. So I could remember to stop and not move on but I wasn't stopping in the middle of a flower.

I made some salmon pasta for dinner and got cosy on the sofa with the boys after sorting my work stuff out.

A slow and beautiful day.