Tuesday 9th January

Today I was in the office, but the drive home was actually decent for once, the traffic along the A14 wasn’t as heavy as normal which meant I had slightly more time to get ready for dinner with the girls when I got home.

We have started meeting at least once a month for dinner to catch up and have a few laughs. We have fine tuned the plan and we arrange the next meal before we all leave which has meant we can always find a date we can all do. When we used to do it over message it would get really complicated to confirm who could do when.

I changed into my silky trousers and pulled on a long sleeve black top and jacket. I grabbed my bag and purse and headed out the door.

I swung round the town and picked up Harriet and Ally and we headed towards the pub. We started chatting about how we’ve been and work. It’s a safe place to rant, especially about work, and we get most of the rage out before we even arrive at dinner.
We arrived and found the other girls pulling up into the car park and we headed in together.

We headed inside and got our table and ordered drinks. And then started chatting. When we are all together the chatting doens’t stop.

“So Rachel… we are all waiting to hear about the date you went on last week?” Ally said looking over at her.

“Terrible. I won’t be seeing him again. He ordered his food and then he obviously didn’t like it because he spat it out on the plate..” She paused. “And then called the waitress over and complained about the food and demanded a new meal.” We all start muttering that this is terrible and how he sounds horrible.
“And then he did the same thing 3 more times.” We collectively gasp. “The last meal he got, he started it when I was finishing mine and so I had to sit there and watch him eat. I tried to talk about things but while he was eating he didn’t acknowledge me. At all.”

“I can’t believe that. What is actually wrong with people.” Holly said.

“But Alice, what about you? You had a date Saturday too right?” Ally asked.

“Yes. Well I was actually going to jump the gun and see if I could bring him to the quiz on Friday.” Everyone nodded and said it sounded like a good idea. We were all going and Holly and Ally were bringing their boyfriends. “The date was good actually, he made lasagna becuase he remembered I had said it was my favourite. But while we were eating some ridiculously rude rap came on very loud over the speakers and I paused and looked up at it and he just ignored it. So then when I asked if he would turn it off he was a bit stand off ish about it. But I don’t know if I’m over thinking it.” I trail off leaving it as a question to the girls.

“I wouldn’t over think it. He might like that sort of thing and just didn’t really notice it was inappropriate.” Harriet said.

“He also might have tuned it out a bit because he was listening to you. Not concentrating on the music in the background.” There’s some muttered hmms.

“You’re right. I had a really good time otherwise and he sent me a really cute message when I got home.”

We arranged our next meal while we were waiting for dessert and chatted right up until we paid the bill.
I got home and got myself ready for bed and climbed in and pulled out my book.

A night with the girls is a super cure for everything.