The Lost Boys

Chapter 4

*Solstice*

"These are the Lost Boys." Pan announced.

I looked at each of the teenage boys; there were 5 in total.

"Why don't we introduced ourselves boys." Pan declared.

Then the boy closest to me spoke first;
"I'm Archer." The boy seemed to be 17 years old who had inky black hair with captivating blue eyes. His tan skin accented every feature.

Then the boy next to Archer spoke up; "I'm Cale." The 18 year old boy introduced himself coldly. Cale was a natural towhead with icy grey eyes, his light skin complexion made him look menacing but somehow cute.

The boy who spoke next seemed to be 16 years old, the youngest of the Lost Boys. "Dustin." Is all the red-haired boy said.

"I'm Baelfire." The 17 year old stated.
He had dark brown hair with coco brown eyes and a tan skin complexion. He was absolutely adorable. Yes, I said it.

"I'm Felix. Welcome to Neverland." The 18 year old boy sneered.

Felix was definitely the most intimidating of the Lost Boys besides their leader—Pan. Felix had blonde hair and scary blue eyes. His ghostly skin tone made him look haunting.
Starting at the bridge of his nose then cascading down his cheek was a intimidating pink scar. It looked recent. He also had a dangerous looking club sitting on his right shoulder.

Then Pan's voice appeared, "No one touches her!" He bellowed to the boys, "she is my property."

'Excuse me?'

Cale scoffed but Pan glared at him which sent Cale's gaze retreating to his feet.

"Baelfire," Pan called out, "tell Solstice the rules of Neverland. And show her to her hut." Then he and the others walked away from us into the woods.

I looked at Baelfire and he looked at me awkwardly.

"So, how'd you get here Baelfire?" I asked him, trying to enclose the weirdness between us.

He shrugged, "like everyone else. Pan's shadow."

"Pan's shadow?" I asked with a puzzled expression. But then it clicked, 'that's who the strange figure was that saved me from drowning! Pan's shadow!'

"Yeah. Weren't you brought here from the shadow?" He gave me a confused look.

"Oh, uh yeah." I lied.

Baelfire didn't seem to believe me but he didn't push the subject. "So, let me tell you about Pan's rules." He paused, making sure I was listening, "Rule one, never, ever turn against Peter Pan. If you do then he'll punish you. Rule two, do what Pan tells you to do. Rule three, never lie to Pan. Rule four, never interfere with one of Pan's games."

"What does he do if we disobey?" I asked, looking into Baelfire's sad eyes.

"He punishes us. There are always consequences if we don't do what he says."

"No, I mean what kind of consequences?" I clarified. I was very interested in what he had to say about this mysterious Peter Pan who everyone is so afraid of.

Bealfire shrugged again, "Whatever Pan thinks is a necessary punishment."

"Why is Pan so bad? Why does everyone fear him? I mean he was kind of nice to me when I first met him. He healed my leg."

"Yeah he was trying to impress you most likely. He's the most powerful wielder of magic in all the lands. He is even more powerful than the Dark One himself." Bealfire paused as if thinking of some dark memory; "Pan should be feared. Anyway, he's been cranky lately. More than usual. He's been looking for someone but I don't know who and I didn't ask. Trust me, you don't want to get on Pan's bad side."