Caught

Chapter 48

*Bealfire*

I walked slowly back to my hut. I didn't feel a need to rush. I messed up, I'll agree to that, but I wish we wouldn't fight about it. I wonder where our relationship was at. Every couple has a fight but then they usually make up. Usually...

"Baelfire!" I heard an English accent behind me. I swirled around to find Wendy running up to me.

"Hi Wendy." I held back an eye roll.

"Well don't act so happy to see me." She smiled adoringly up at me. "Where's your friend?" She asked, looking around for Solstice.

"Solstice? She's in her hut." I began to walk again, but Wendy walked with me.

"Do you need any company? You seem sad. What's wrong?" She asked, seemingly concerned.

"Oh, I, uh, it's nothing." I stammered,

"Come on Bae," she pushed the subject, "I know you better than that."

I shook my head. "It's just Solstice is kind of jealous." I glanced at her expression,

She smiled, "why should she be jealous? Don't tell me she likes you." Wendy linked her arm with mine. Our footsteps were quiet as we kept walking back to my hut.

I shrugged, "she does. Frankly I like her too." I looked down at Wendy again. Her once joyful expression turned into sadness.

"Well, I can understand why she likes you. But I don't really understand what you see in her. She seems awfully judgmental." Wendy made a face.

"No, she's actually really great." I corrected her.

Wendy gave a forced smile, "So then you two are together, are you not?" She asked as we stopped in front of my hut. I shrugged, "we were. I'm not so sure anymore. We just had a fight."

"No one should fight with you Baelfire. I know I wouldn't. She doesn't know what's she lost."

I sighed, "as I said before, I'm not sure we even broke up. I don't think we did. I hope..."

"Well my point still stands." Wendy gave an innocent smile. "But you need a girl who will forgive you and love you and cherish every moment. I don't think Solstice thinks like that."

I sharpened my gaze, "and why would you think that?"

Wendy shrugged, "Well it's obvious she doesn't understand you if she blows her top every time you keep a secret from her." She moved a little closer to me, teasing me.

I gulped, "Wendy,"

"Don't say anything Baelfire." She pleaded, "remember our first kiss? It was perfect. I want this to be the same way. Solstice will never know." She then leaded closer, and was just about to kiss me, but we then heard the snap of a twig.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

    I gulped down my tears. Was I too harsh? Are we still together? I feel awful. I should apologize.

   Part of me understood why Bae didn't tell me, I knew he was afraid to, but on the other hand he shouldn't have kept it a secret.

I sighed,

I debated with myself whether or not I should go over there and apologize, and after a long debate, I decided to go. I didn't want to be mad anymore. I needed to let it go.

I headed out the door, a blast of hot air hit my face. I raced along the grass, silent as a ninja. But when I reached Bae's hut I found not one person there, but two.