Lashing Out

Chapter 10

*Solstice*

A week had gone by since Cale had kissed me. I did my best to keep away from him, to stick close to Bae and Archer. Except it was impossible to avoid that guy. We ran into each other at least once a day, except neither one of us said anything.

I told Archer what happened that day and he got just as mad as Bae did. I told them how Cale said he wanted to take my heart. Both boys said they wouldn't let that happen. It was nice to know I had two protective friends.

That day I was walking to my hut when I saw Pan lingering by the forest. I remembered I never thanked him for saving me from the deadly arrow just a week ago.

"Pan!" I waved at him. He snapped his head my way but his eyes showed dread. I trotted over to him, "hey, can I talk to you for a second?"

Pan shrugged, but didn't object. Once I saw that he was listening I talked on, "I wanted to thank you."

He raised his eyebrow, "thank me? For what?"

"For saving me...you know, from almost dying last week."

"Oh. That." He turned to walk away, but I grabbed his hand so he couldn't flee. He looked down at my hand which was laced around his. Realizing our hands were linked, I quickly let go. I blushed slightly. Pan's brilliant green eyes were locked onto me. He suddenly grabbed ahold of me and shoved me into the forest. He pushed me against a tree, holding both of my arms, blocking my escape.

"Pan?" I questioned cautiously; "what are you doing?"

His face fell with sadness, "You should stay away from me Solstice. I'm nothing but trouble."

"I'm not afraid of you." My words were soothing but also had a hint of confusion. There was a long silence between us until Pan finally spoke; "sometimes the people we should fear the most are the people that are closet to us." He let go of my arms and walked away, leaving me standing there with my thoughts.

'What did he mean?'

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

I hurried away from Solstice, I couldn't bare to look at her. It hurt too much. I reached Skull Rock with a heavy heart.. I strolled inside and over to the hourglass which sat by the wall. Its golden sand ran down little by little.

"Your troubled." A raspy voice suddenly appeared.

I turned around to face an inky figure.
"What do you want?" I spat.

"Your time is running short. You need to take the star's heart before it's too late. Or else, you'll die."

"I'm well aware."

"Then why haven't you? Don't tell me you actually have feelings for this girl?" The black figure sneered.

I didn't deny it. I did have feelings for Solstice. Ive been watching her for quiet awhile and I couldn't help but develop feelings for her. I never thought I was capable of feeling anything again other than hate and greed.

"As you know, your life is running short. You're dying. You need to take her heart in order for you to stay young and powerful."

"I know!" I shouted at the shadow.

"Time is slipping away, you'd better hurry." Without another word, the black figure flew out of Skull Rock, vanishing into thin air.

'I can't do this. How can I kill someone who I have feelings for?'