Everyone... Dead?

Chapter 56

*Baelfire*

I groaned as I opened my eyes, instant pain shot through my head. It throbbed as I slowly sat up. I found that I was drenched from last nights rain, and my arm was bloodied from my wound.

'It couldn't have been a dream. No, this is real. This is—where's Solstice!?'

I shot up like an arrow and sprinted toward Pan's camp. All the way along I prayed that she was okay, that she somehow defeated Pan. But I knew better; if she had won, she would not have left me there out in the forest all night, bleeding.

And my dreadful suspicions were proven correct once I found Pan standing in front of the pond, waiting for me to arrive.

"Well hello Bealfire." He greeted with a mocked expression. "Glad to see you're up and worrying again."

"Shut up Pan!" I growled, "where's the others!? What did you do to them!?"

Pan raised his eyebrows, "Archer and Wendy went missing, probably jumped off a cliff somewhere once they realized what happened."

My voice got low and menacing, "they would never do that! Where are they!? What have you done with Solstice and Shine!?"

Pan raised both of his eyebrows at my shouts, "oh I left out that part didn't I?" Pan huffed slightly, "well, they're dead."

My eyes widened in disbelief. Then fury bubbled inside, clawing to be let out. "You're lying." I clenched my fists, "you're lying. Where are they!?"

"Oh no, I'm not lying. It's true. I took both of their hearts. You know what they say, two are better than one." Pan smirked again, "all the proof you need right here. You saw the hourglass, I had only hours left. But now, well now I have decades." Pan's face then darkened, "and there's nothing you can do to change that."

I was speechless. Everyone... dead.
My star... dead.

'This cannot be happening! This must be apart of some horrible nightmare! Solstice.... My beloved Solstice, is dead.'

__________________

NOTE!
This is NOT the ending of the book! Nope, I'll tell u when the book ends.

But anyway, I have an announcement!! My friend, McKayla-Mak has just posted a new book! It's called The Crystal Key and it's awesome!! Please go check it out and vote (;