Going Crazy

Chapter 35

*Baelfire*

I waited and waited for her to wake up. I just couldn't bear to think that Sol might die.

I spoke to Pan about her to see if there were any cure. He said there was but he needed to go retrieve it. That was over an hour ago. He didn't tell me what it was, but it had to be special in order for it to heal this virus.

Sol's hand twitched.

I jumped out of my seat and stared at her intensely, hoping she would wake up. She didn't. I sighed at sat back down, linking our hands as I did so.

   I remembered that night when we first kissed. That seemed like ages ago, but in fact, it was only a few days ago.
She was so hurt when I pulled away. She must hate me now. This is all my fault, I should've done a better job protecting her.

But then I heard her mumble.

I looked at her, but she didn't wake. She only laid there and started talking in her sleep.

"Go away." She said between breaths. "Leave me alone!" Her voice raised. She flinched and struggled but still didn't wake up.
   At first I thought nothing of it until her voice grew louder and she began to shake.  "No, no, no, no! Get out of my head!!" She shrieked.

   I bolted up and shook her, hoping that could lift her out of her nightmare.
She trashed around some more, but then completely stopped. Her face was now twisted with horror.

I shook her again violently.

And that's when she bolted upright, screaming.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

She shot up, her eyes were Crimson which was also mixed with her normal electric blue. Her skin still looked like a crocodile. The expression of horror she wore just moments ago faded; her face was now blank.

"Solstice! Are you okay!?"

She gazed at me, but not with warmth or sweetness; no, it was nothing. She looked right through me.

"Solstice?" I questioned, uneasiness bubbled up inside me.

Without taking her vibrant eyes off of me, she got out of the bed. Her movements were slow like a slug.

Once she got up, she stepped on some broken glass which was there earlier. The weird thing was that once she stepped on it, she didn't flinch. She didn't show a single sign of pain. She was barefoot. Something was not right.

"Sol? Are you okay? You don't seem like yourself—"

"I'm not." Was all she said. Her words were light but also frightening.

"What?"

"I'm not myself. The shadows are here. My demons are near. Can you help me escape?" She tilted her head, making her seem crazy.

"Sol snap out of it!"

"Don't call me that!" She hissed, "I hate it when you call me that!!" Her expression grew dark. Her features were twisted and insane. She almost reminded me of Cale.

"Ashes, ashes," she sang silently.

My eyes widened. She was going insane! The virus was taking ahold of her mind.

"Ashes, ashes," she started to advance on me, slowly holding up her hand. "Ashes, ashes."

I started to inch back, afraid of what she was about to do.

"Ashes, ashes," she paused, "we all fall down." Her last words were almost drowned out by the sudden flicks of her Blue Magic. Blue light burst from her hands and sailed through the air and hit its target. Me.

The pain coursed through my body. I hit the wall; everything became black.

__________________
Hey guys! (:
Thanks for reading!
Tell your friends!!