The Story

Chapter 14

*Peter Pan.*

'I'm one step closer to winning her heart.' I thought as I walked away from Solstice, 'she is going to die and I will be powerful and youthful again. I am dying and I need her heart to keep going. Just until the Truest Believer walks through my door.
Figuratively.'

My shadow should be here soon to give me the parchment of what this boy looks like. But I couldn't shake this feeling that I cared for Solstice. A small part of me didn't want to kill her.

But only a small part.

I continued to walk toward Skull Rock, time is running out. When I arrived I headed toward the hourglass which held little sand left.

"I have news." The raspy voice called out. I turned to face the black figure,
"good news I trust."

"Of course." The shadow responded, "The Truest BelieverI know what he will look like." It handed me a piece of parchment.

I snatched it out of its grasp and looked at the picture. The black ink formed a face of a young boy with short hair and classic features.

"This is him?" I asked the shadow.

"It is." The figure said, "you must find the boy when he is this age. No older, no younger, or you will fail."

I chuckled at its comment, "haven't you heard? Peter Pan never fails."

The figure said nothing, it just stared at me as if I was an idiot. "You must take his heart in order for you to live. It is a trade. He will die so you can live. This plan will not work unless you kill the star. You need her heart in order to live longer until the boy's heart is ready to be stolen."

"So you've said a million times."
I sighed, "What is the boy's name?"

"His name is Henry."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

Moon descended and Sun rose to wake up the land and its people. I didn't sleep at all. I couldn't. I was too busy thinking what Pan was planning. What he was thinking. What his plans were. How he knew everything about me.

I think I think too much...

I sat up in my bed, grabbing my pillow and screaming into it loudly. I flopped back in my bed and looked up at the wooden ceiling, feeling horrible.

Then the door to my hut clicked open, "Hey Solstice. How you feelin?"

I rolled over to see Baelfire standing in my doorway. I moaned in response.

Bae laughed, "really? I'm surprised you're not happy."

I raised my eyebrow, "happy? Now why would I be happy?"

Bae scoffed, "because you totally kicked Cale's ass!"

I couldn't help but smile at Bae, he seemed so excited. "I guess."