"You're Special"

Chapter 12

*Peter Pan*

"Peter!" Solstice called out. I didn't look back at her even though I desperately wanted to.

'What was wrong with me? What just happened? Stupid! I almost gave in.'

"What if that's the only way to take her heart?" My conscious spoke, "if you get her to trust you, even love you, you could use that to your advantage. You'll be one step closer to taking her heart and being youthful until the special owner appears."

'That's what I needed to do. I need to make her love me then I will take her heart. Her heart will last long enough until the Truest Believer shows his face.'

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Shine*

"What!? What do you mean you can't find her! We have millions of eyes in the sky, literally!" I yelled at the guard, my anger flaring.

"My Queen," he kept his head respectively bowed, "we are doing everything we can to find the lost princess."

"That's not good enough! Solstice is missing and we don't even know where she's gone! Find her or so help me I will kill you myself!"

"Y-Yes my Queen." The guard bowed again and walked out of my throne room in haste.

'Solstice what have you done?
Where are you!?'

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

"What is wrong with me?" I groaned as I sat up on my bed. It's been a whole day since my walk with Pan. He's been ignoring me every since. He won't even glance my way. Last night Pan had my hut put back together. It was like nothing ever happened.  "Magic," as Pan said. He used magic to rebuild my room.

I sighed; I glanced out the window; Moon was full and my people twinkled in the black sky. I kept thinking about home, about Shine, about why my magic didn't work here. Except it did but I only used magic twice and that's only when I was mad. Really mad.

"Magic is different here." Pan's words echoed through my head.

'How was magic different here than in the sky? And how can I re-learn it?' I thought to myself.

Jumping off my bed, I decided to go into the forest and practice. 'Hopefully I'll be able to wield magic again.'

I got up off my bed and tiptoed to the door. It creaked open as I stepped outside into the cool air. I went down the ladder and silently raced across the grass and into the forest. The shadows lingered in the night, the silent breeze ruffled the leaves, and the crying never ceased. I almost forgot about the crying. The lonely children crying in the night, missing their parents.

I sighed, 'I know how they feel.'

Once I found a nice area in the forest, I grabbed a stick and sat down, trying to concentrate. I held the rough stick firmly in my hand and attempted to make a flicker of fire appear.

I closed my eyes.

'Fire,'

I opened my eyes,

No fire.

"Ugh! Come on!" I shouted at myself. This was obviously going to take longer than I thought. I gripped the stick tighter and thought of fire; still nothing.