He's Dead

Chapter 26

*Solstice*

Cale dropped to the floor face first, groaning in pain. A spiky stone embedded itself in his neck. He rolled over while swiping the rock out of his blood soaked neck. He pressed his hand over the wound, attempting to stop the blood flow.

I scrambled away from Cale and over to Baelfire.

"Bae!!!" I shrieked, "are you okay!?"

"I'm fine." He grimaced. I could tell he was trying to act like he wasn't in pain, but his eyes gave it away.

A sharp pain dashed down my body.
My back began to throb and I could feel the virus taking ahold of me. The adrenaline made me numb for a bit but it was starting to fade. I realized then just how dizzy I was. My vision became cloudy. My eyes stung.

I fell to the ground. All I heard were Bae's shouts, then nothing.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

Solstice crashed to the ground, her limp body was in Baelfire's arms. He tried desperately to wake her up, but it was no use. She wasn't dead but she was close. No way was I going to let Cale take her out of my game.

By now the containing spell had worn off and I was free to move about. I trailed over to the unconscious star and inspected her wound. It was deep. I would be able to heal the wound but not the poison.

I hovered my glowing hand just above her back and healed the damage. The gash closed but the virus still remained.

"Will she be okay?" I heard Baelfire whimpered, not caring if his tears showed.

"I don't know." I said plainly. I got up and stomped over to Cale. He was still clutching his neck. He somehow got some of the bleeding to stop.

"I told you I would win." Cale coughed up blood but a smile was still plastered on his face.

I smirked, "enjoy your small victory as it lasts. You broke the rules, and now you must be punished."

Cale's expression hardened, "I will get out of here."

"Yes, and be reunited with your family, in death."

"How did you know about my family!?" Cale demanded, but it sounded more like a gargle.

I cocked my head, "the King must always know his pawns.... Felix," I turned my head to my friend, "take Solstice to my hut."

"What about Cale?" Felix asked in his bored tone of voice.

"I'll take care of him."

Felix looked down at Cale and smirked. "Funny how the supposed winner is now the loser." Then he walked over to Solstice and picked her up but then paused, "what should I do with Dustin and Baelfire?"

"Baelfire can walk. Get Archer to take Dustin to a cage."

Felix nodded and took Solstice out of the Echo Caves. Baelfire soon fallowed.
Now it was just the three of us.

I turned to Cale, "you need to be punished." I focused on his wound, now closed. Ever so slowly the skin began to rip open again.

Cale howled; his torturous screams pierced through the silent night. Crimson blood gushed from his neck.
His pale skin became whiter than snow. His crazed laughter began again until he coughed. Soon his last breath came out as a sigh, and the life in his icy grey eyes vanished.

Cale was dead.